Chapter Three

Ginger POV

"This nicca hit her head with a poster board! How you hit yo head with a poster board?" My friend, Moriam burst out laughing.

"I was writing and yo lame self walked past and I didn't see it till late and it wacked me upside the head!" I threw a marker at her nose.

"You should've ducked!" She wiped blue marker from her nose.

"I should've did nothing. Watch yourself." I walked back to my table.

"Alright you all, no fooling around. I have to go to the principal's office for a meeting. Kyng is in charge." Ms. Mannett grabbed her files and left.

I'm a good child, so I'm in my group, finishing up our poster, when Lance decides to start playing music.

I rolled my eyes. "Boy, if she walk in and bust us-"

"Ms. Mannett is the cool teacher! It's our homeroom teacher you gotta worry about." Kyng shrugged.

In Lockwood Junior High, we have 4 main teachers. Well, there's more than four, but my department sees them more often. There's my science and math teacher, Mr. Keen (He cool as ever), my social studies teacher, Ms. Dion. She works us to death, but it helps us a lot, and our homeroom teacher, Mrs. Lynn. Nobody like her much, but she's okay with me. Ms. Mannett is our reading and language arts teacher, we love her like our second mom.

"The Language" By Drake was playing.

"Bruh, I swear Mr. Keen going to walk in here and hit the Bobby Shmurda!" De'Marion ( pronunced, Dee-Maury-on) said.

"What if he don't?" Moriam kept working on her poster board.

"Girl please, now you know Ms. Mannett always let Mr. Keen check on her students when she got a meeting!" Kyng got up and changed the song.

"Lifestyle" was playing.

"Y'all stop and turn on some Billie Holiday so they can think we listening something for Black History Month! I warned them.

"Nothing's going to happen!" Was Lance's last words before Mrs. Lynn caught all of us.

"Now what were you all doing in here?" She took Lance's phone.

"Give me my phone!" He snatched it back.

The whole class was dead silent.

"Well, we were listening to some music. Ms. Mannett wanted us to see how much Black music has changed over the years. We will play some Billie Holiday next." I straight up lied.

"Hmm. I believe you. It sounds like something she would do. But as for you, Lance, principal's office." Mrs. Lynn grabbed his shoulder and walked off. He yanked it away.

"Don't touch me." He fixed his jacket and walked straight to the principal's office.

Bruh, it's only 7:45 in the morning. Niccas be getting in trouble easy as 1,2,3.

Teyana POV

 I just woke up. My hair is a complete mess, I have a massive headache, and I wake up to 21 missed calls and 37 unread text messages.

I rolled out of bed, put on m robe, and went straight to the kitchen.

"Good morning!" I opened the fridge to get some orange juice.

"So I see Sleeping Beauty is finally awake?" Elgin kissed me on the cheek.

"Haha, very funny." I smoothed out my hair and went back to my room.