Chapter Five

Aaliyah POV

"Then she said, 'Just making sure you know.' I already knew August was taken!" I threw my hands in the air.

"Mm, So you telling me you don't want him, but you got beef with his chick?" Teyana took off her heels at the door.

"Yep, If I wanted him, I would've said something!" I slammed the fridge door shut.

"I know that, but shouldn't you make peace with her?" Teyana shrugged.

"Because I'm the bigger person, yeah." I straightened myself in the mirror.

"Look at Janet y'all! Trey ran into the break room.

"Oh my God!" Teyana starred.

I was speechless. She actually looked stunning.

"See, I do know fashion." Nicki snapped  her fingers in a Z-formation,

"You look beautiful baby!" August kissed her.

"You really do!" Teyana chimed in.

"I agree!" I smiled.

"Thanks you guys!" She smiled, then looked at me with a straight face.

Wait, why she looking at me?

I brushed it off and decided to get ready for tonight. I did a couple warms-ups and went on stage with August. We did our normal routine, and August was sure to keep his distance from me. But I didn't care, because I spotted Damon Dash. He was watching my every move. After out performance, he came directly towards me.

"Hi. I'm Damon. Aaliyah, right?"

"Yep, that's me." I put on a smile and shook his hand.

"Well, I couldn't just let you walk past me. You are very beautiful."

I blushed. "Thank you."

He vrought me to the V.I.P, where we talked for hours, forgetting Trey had his performance.

"Hey, Trey Songz is upstage." Damon told me.

"Oh, thanks for reminding me." I gave Trey my full attention.

August POV

Who was that guy Liyah was talking to? Whoever it was, I don't want him talking to her.

Trey was performing, and this was around the time we he did, "Bottoms Up" with Nicki. He goes out into the audience and takes girls from their dudes and puts them on the stage with him. Since I made direct eye contact with him, I told him clearly:

"Take Liyah on stage,"

He took a couple of girls on stage, Liyah was last. I ran behind her and tackled her with a hug onstage, and we all sand with Tre. Nicki came in rapping, she had bars forreal. Liyah was lip syncing Nicki, which was funny.

Then I remembered: Janet.

I grabbed her hand and led her onstage and danced with her. Trey bumped into me and said,

"Bruh, forgot your girl?" Then continued singing.

When we left Club 44, me and Janet went to my place.

"So, are you and Aaliyah friends?" Janet asked me.

"Yeah, me and Liyah are like me and Nicki." I shrugged.

"Humph, sure doesn't seem like is." Janet folded her arms.

"Baby, you just got back and assuming I'm in a relationship with somebody?" I held her in my arms.

"I'm just saying because you two have chemistry!"

"But I'm with you. You make me happy." I kissed her cheek.

"Mhm. But the way you looked at that guy she's with." She walked away from me.

"Look, they're not together."

"Why do you care if they are?" She stared at me.

"Because.... I'm watching out for my sister."

She stared at me for another minute, then walked in the bedroom.

"Baby wait!" I ran after her.

Note from author:

Hey there lovelies! So, I'm writing another book while I'm doing this one (Teen fiction) And it should be up shortly so, check it out!

Vote, commet, and share darlings!!

Ginger xoxo