2

Damien sat up in bed. He woke up early this morning. He mumbled nothings as he stood and rubbed his eyes. Slowly, his bedroom door opened reveling one of his two dads. "Oh, I see you're already up. Get dressed. Breakfast is in the kitchen," Lucien said as he walked out of the room. Damien nodded as he got up. He stumbled to his bathroom and starred at his mirror. He silently slipped in the shower. Twitching as the scolding water pounded at his back. His soft red scarlet hair stuck to his forehead as he cleaned himself. Damien winced as he stepped out, the cold air rushed through him. He quickly got changed into his typically fit before checking himself out in the mirror. He gave his reflection finger guns then pouted. He grabbed his phone, and shuffled to the kitchen.

"Good morning sweet demon, did you sleep well?" Stan asked. Damien gave a little nod as he sat down on the leather bar stool. Stan passed a plate of blueberry covered waffles his way. "Did you finish your homework?" he asked. "We didn't have any," Damien answered. "Well that's good!" Damien only nodded. "Your dad and I might not be home when you're back from school," Stan informed. "That's fine, I might be at a friends house anyways," Damien said as he got up to put on his shoes. "Please don't get in any fights," his dad said. "Can't make any promises," Damien smiled. "Have fun, sweet demon," the blue skinned demon smiled as his son walked out the door.

Damien kicked rocks as he walked to school. He wasn't in the mood to talk to his "friends" today since he totally had so many friends. Vera and him would just fight. Liam would try and get him to do work. Scott was just too innocent. Joy was just flat out irritating. Miranda would just want to watch chickens fight. Dahlia would try to pick fights or bug him in general. He just didn't want to talk to them. He wanted to talk to someone he hasn't said a word too. Vicky? No. Oz? No. Calculester? Hell no. He just couldn't think who. Damien had a tendency to get extremely bored way too quick. The arsonist sighed as he walked into the darkened building.

Damien scanned the class. He had to find someone exciting talk to. He just couldn't find out who. He watched as the student talked amongst each other as they waited for the teacher. The crimson colored male heaved a sigh as he leaned back is his chair. He continued to look across the classroom before his eyes landed on a sleeping individual close by. 'He's using his time wisely' Damien thought as he looked away. Just as the teacher walked in. Thus class began.

Damien paid no attention as the teacher ramble on about good ol' wars and history. "BRIAN YU!" the teacher screeched, breaking Damien's thought process. "May you tell me the answer to number five?" Mrs. Teacher Lady asked as she pointed to several history questions. "Twenty seven," as voice behind him stated. Damien looked behind him to see the once asleep teen now looking at the teacher lazily. "Detention after school, Mr. Yu," the teacher said blankly. Damien gave a quiet chuckle. "You to, Mr. Lavey." Damien's eyes widened "WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO!?" he yelled. "You think this is funny, and you just raised your voice at me," the teacher snarled. Damien leaned back is his chair, pouting. "Now who can answer number five?"

Damien walked to his locker, clearly pissed off. Just as Damien was trying to stop getting detentions. "Hey Damien!" a monotone voice called out. Damien's head snapped towards the person. "Woah there! No need to go all exorcist on me!" Vera stated, raising her hands up. "You don't have to go to detention. Someone destroyed the classroom," she told him. "How did you know I had detention?" Damien asked. Vera only looked at him like he was stupid before walking away. Damien sighed a shut his locker, he was in no mood to fight with her today.

Damien looked at what table to sit at. The cafeteria rarely had students in it so that limited the chances. Damien was only there because he didn't bring any money. Most students went out to eat or went home. Amira, Valerie, and Vera were sitting together. Oz, Scott, Calculester, and Liam were sitting together. Several other students he didn't know. He just decided to choose a random seat. Thus he went to a familiar face. Damien took a seat right across from a half asleep zombie. Unfortunately, he seemed to be fully awake when Damien sat down. "Hey," he murmured. The to shared a simple conversation throughout the lunch period. "Hey did you hear what happened to detention?" "I saw it, it was a mess," "What happened? What did it look like?" Damien asked.

Damien and Brian stood in the doorway of the classroom. "Holy shit...," Damien mumbled in surprise as if it totally wasn't him who recked the room. Desks and chairs were flipped, papers were ripped, curse words and slurs were spray painted onto the wall. It looked like someone sent hell to this room (wink wink). Damien could only stare at the room in shock. "Do you know who did it?" Damien asked, still looking at the damage. "No clue, there was too many people here this morning," Brian shrugged as he walked off. Damien watched as the zombie faded into the halls. A smile creeped up on his face as he looked to see if anyone else was there. He carefully burned a leg of a desk and left. He was originally going to set the desk on fire but remembered it was much easier to burn old magazines in the forest behind the school and smoke in the bathroom. No one in the school even bothered to evacuate when the fire alarms went off.

Now all that was left is to talk to someone before going home. He stared at the students in the courtyard. Some were leaving and some were staying. Some were in groups talking to their friends and some were alone. Damien never liked being alone. That's why he needs someone to talk to. He can't just leave school without saying bye to someone. He watched the students. He wanted to talk to at least one. "Hey," someone said, tapping Damien on the shoulder. The hot headed demon turned to whoever was behind, needing to look up. Low and behold, Brian. "What do ya need?" Damien asked. He was curious on why Brian was talking to him. "I notice that we live close by... I was wondering if we could walk home together?" Damien nodded. He had found someone to talk to.

Damien walked into his home after waving goodbye to his new found friend. Just as one of his dads said, his parents weren't home. He took off his shoes and placed them in a rack by the door. He closed his bedroom door and tossed his backpack down before crashing on the bed. He didn't want to get up. But alas, and hour had passed and he had a shit ton of homework. He changed into something more comfortable and got started.

1,218 words