4

Damien stared out the window. He was fighting the urge to set this whole building on fire. He slowly turned his head as his teacher started writing nonsense on the board. He explained the math equations as he scribbled numbers. Damien watched with very little interest. He knew he had an A in this class anyways. Plus the teacher was a dick. His foot tapped gently on the ground as he counted the seconds until the bells rang.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
The bell sounded through the halls a students gathered their things. Damien quickly scrambled to get his bag and book it out of his classroom. Grabbed things in his locker and put things in his locker. He wasn't in a hurry but it sure seemed like it. He groaned in annoyance as he saw the rain pouring down. Rain couldn't really do anything to him but the cold could. He put his hood over his head before he felt his shoulders and head grow a little heavy. He blinked before looking to see what caused the sudden weight. He grabbed the fabric to see a dark green coat. "Won't you get cold?" he asked Brian. Brian only shrugged and walked off.

Damien placed books in his locker, still rather flustered from the day before. The image of his dad sitting at the kitchen counter with a knowing smile and asking him who Brian was is honestly terrifying. A tap on his shoulder ripped him into reality. "Heeeellloooooo~" a voice said as he turned around. Milo was standing there with a sickly sweet smile. "What do you want?" Damien was rather annoyed. "I've got a question, do you care to answer?" Milo asked, folding their hands. Damien sighed and nodded as he turned his attention to Milo completely. The reaper chuckled before asking, "is there anything going on between you and that Brian guy?" Damien gave an 'Are you kidding me face' before his eyes widened. Milo laughed at the reaction they got. "N-no! Why would you think that?" Damien stuttered. "Well I saw him give you his coat after school the other day, I just wanted to know if anything was going on~," the reaper smirked. Damien turned redder and Milo's evil smile grew wider. "We're just friends," the demon said as he nodded, not wanting to continue this conversation. Milo smiled and nodded as they strutted off, leaving Damien all alone.

Milo knew their next goal was to talk to Brian next. They wanted to see if they'd got a different answer out of him. The social media star searched to entire school but the only dead person they saw was Polly. Milo was hanging on by a sting when they reached the back of the school. "Where is he!" Milo groaned as they ran their fingers through their silky snow white hair. "Who ya lookin' for?" a tired voice asked. Milo yelped and whipped around to be met with the tall teen they was looking for. "Brian! Just the person I hoped to see," Milo smiled. Brian raised an eyebrow and stood up straight. "Why are you lookin' for me?" he asked in a confused manner. Milo chuckled and gave a closed eye smile. "I've got a question. I asked someone before you but I want to know if you'll give a different answer," Milo answered. Brian nodded as if to say he was ready for the question. "Is there something going on between you and Damien? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious," Milo smiled. It took Brian a while to process the question since he was a literal rotting corpse. He shook his head no when he finally got ahold of the question. "No, why do you ask?"  Brian responded. "Well you gave him your coat yesterday, I only wanted to know if anything sparked between you 2," the reaper said. "No, he just looked cold so I gave it to him," Brian blinked. Milo was a little disappointed that nothing had happened but they knew they were going to try and get them together.

"Amiraaaaaaa~," Milo cooed as they got closer to the fire haired girl. Amira turned around and smiled when she saw the thin reaper. "Hey!" she waved, walking over. "I need you to help me with something," Milo pleaded. "Hmmmm...yeah sure what is it!" she cheered. "Wellllll~ I need you to help me get 2 students together!" Milo answered placing their hand in a praying like stance. Amira raised her eyebrow and placed her hand on her hip. "It really depends who," she muttered whilst tapping her finger on her chin. "Brian and Damien. I HAVE A GOOD REASON!" They slightly yelled. "Alriiiiiight...tell me your reasons," she said, crossing her arms. "Ok ok, Brian and Damien just recently became friends, the walk to and from school together, I asked Damien about Brian today he seemed flustered, yesterday  Brian gave Damien his coat because he was cold, please Amira you have to help me!" Milo pleaded. "Actually...I agree with you on this, they would be good together. MILO YOU'RE A GENIUS!" she cheered, smiling brightly. Milo gave a thankful smile and clapped. "But where do we start?" Amira asked, tilting her head as the fire flickered. "We need to spy on them for a while then try to get them together in all events. You're very close with Brian so you might have to befriend Damien," Milo answered, knowing that Amira might change her mind but taking the risk anyways. She hummed and thought about it for a while. "Sure," she shrugged. "Really?!" Milo gave the biggest smile. Amira shrugged and nodded her head. They high-fived and went to work on their plan.

"Hey, did you see Milo today?" Damien asked as he walked with Brian. "Yeah I did," Brian nodded then lowering his head. "I suppose they asked you the same question?" Brian asked. Damien nodded. "HEY!" Brian and Damien both turned their heads to see Amira running towards them. "Hey Amira," Brian waved at the now panting girl. "I was wondering if you two wanted to hang out with me?" she asked, still panting. Brian and Damien looked at each other before looking back at Amira. "Sure I don't see why not," Brian said. Amira looked between they two to see Milo behind a bush giving her a thumbs up.

1,190 words