9

Damien gently knocked and waited. A few moments later, heard shuffling before the door opened. Brian cracked open the door before yanking it fully open. "Uh...hey," he muttered, scratching the back of his head. Damien walked in, took of his shoes, and crashed onto Brian. Brian was a little taken aback by the demon's actions. Brian hesitantly rapped his arms around Damien. "I'm sorry," Damien sobbed. "Hey! You did nothing wrong! It's alright! There's no need to cry! It wasn't your fault," Brian said, bending down to Damien's level and wiping his tears. The look in Damien's eyes almost made Brian start crying too. Damien gripped onto Brian tighter and sobbed heavily into Brian's shoulder. Brian didn't know how to take this. He hadn't really felt this kind of affection in years. He felt like Damien trusted him. "Is there anything you want to do?" Brian asked, gently playing with Damien's hair. Damien just shook his head and closed his eyes. "Why don't we sit down? My feet getting tired," Brian suggested. Damien only nodded as Brian led him to the couch. The two sat down, Damien hugging a pillow. "Do you wanna talk about it..?" Brian asked. Damien just shook his head and they sat in an awkward silence. Brian just felt bad about asking now. "T-thank you f-for helping," Damien mumbled, shoving his face in the pillow. "Yeah uh,...," it was quite again. "Hey, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here, alright?" Damien only sniffled and nodded his head.

It had been a least an hour but it sure felt like five minutes, Damien dozing off the whole time. He only broke out of his trance when he heard soft snoring. He looked over to see Brian sleeping. Damien thought for a moment before shuffling over to Brian. He gently laid his head on Brian's shoulder and curled next to him. The exposed skin on Brian was freezing but Damien didn't mind it. He gently closed his eyes and relaxed. He was tired and all his crying gave him a small headache. He sighed and hugged to pillow tighter. He had never experienced anything like that yet he thought he was overreacting. Damien only stuffed himself closer to Brian, trying not to remember what happened. He was going to wake up and everything would be the same, right? Damien felt bad that Brian got suspended but it was against the rules to hit another student, give them a concussion nonetheless. Damien thought Dahlia deserved it though. He just felt like it was unfair for Brian to get suspended. Damien closed his eyes tighter and tried his best not to like about it. The only noises he heard was the small house settling and Brian's soft snores. Damien could feel himself slowly drifting away it dream land.

Brian lazily opened his eyes. Weight on his left side caught him of guard. Brian looked down to see the top of Damien's head. Hesitantly, Brian rapped his arm around Damien. He smiled softly. That was a rare sight on it's own. He froze as Damien shuffled, snuggling closer. Damien sighed and relaxed once more. Brian calmed down, happy he didn't wake Damien up. This went on for a while, Damien signing or humming and Brian worrying if he woke Damien or not. Brian didn't want this moment to end. In fact, he thought it was a dream. Damien didn't look as pissed as he usually does awake when he's sleeping. Brian enjoyed the quiet. Not that Damien was to loud for him it's just a comforting silence. Brian closed his eyes and softly rubbed Damien arm in a soothing way. He himself was dozing off but he didn't want to sleep. Alas, his breathing slowed as he fell unconscious.

Damien shuffled again as the sound of rain hitting a window woke him up. He sighed and sat up as he looked around. The lights were turned off and he seemed to be in a bed. He froze. He didn't know what to do. Slowly and silently, Damien got out of the bed and opened to door. slowly walking down a small hall into a familiar room. Then he knew where he was. He walked over to the couch and looked at the sleeping zombie. There lay Brian with his arm over his eyes, snoring quietly. Damien stared for a while. He felt as if he couldn't take his eyes off him. "It's rude to stare, Damien," Damien yelped and fell backwards, landing on his butt. Brian laughed as he stood up and walked over to Damien, holding his hand out to help the fallin demon. Damien glared at him as he grabbed his hand. "You alright?" Brian asked, trying his hardest not to laugh. "I hate you," Damien grumbled. That was it for Brian. He burst into a fit of euphoria. Damien just stared him down. Finally after a nice long while, Brian calmed down. "You don't mean that," Brian smirked, crossing his arms. Damien purposely let himself tip over, forcing Brian to have to catch him. It was Damien's turn to laugh as Brian held onto him, trying not to let him hit the ground. Damien chuckled into Brian's chest as the zombie continuously had to fix their position. After a while of this, Damien stood himself up properly still softly giggling. Brian just sighed and shook his head before smiling as well. Damien's smile fell when he saw the tear stains on Brian's shirt. When he first woke up, the incident slipped from his mind but now, I assume, it appeared again. Damien could feel warm tears build up as he hugged Brian. "Hey...you okay?" Brin asked gently. Damien just sighed and held Brian tighter. Brian carefully hugged him back, not really knowing what to do.

Damien quietly opened his door the next morning. The moment his shoes were off he heard a simple, "where were you?" Damien froze as he looked over to his dad who looked somewhat very pissed. Damien couldn't find his words to answer Lucien's question. Damien's mouth opened but no words came out. He didn't know what to say. He didn't even know if he wanted to talk to his dad. "Listen, I know all this stuff has been happening but you can't just leave without explanation! We were worried for you!" Lucien sighed as he sat up. Damien looked down. He didn't want to worry his dad. Lucien gently rubbed his shoulder. "Please tell us where you're going next time," Damien nodded as his dad sent him off.

1,099 words