3

Brian laid face down on his bed. He was very tired. He moved his head to the side as sunlight peaked through this windows. He groaned before flipping himself on his back. Slowly and hesitantly, Brian sat up. He took off his shoes and threw them in a random direction. He went changed into something more comfortable. He made his way to the kitchen to eat anything he found. That being a notebook. He knew it wasn't healthy but he could really care less. He slowly walked back to his room and plopped down at his desk.

He sighed as he hit the desk. He had just finished his homework and was certain he got everything wrong. He was far to tired to correct it though. He lazily got up before laying in bed once again. He wasn't gonna sleep tonight so why not sleep now. He knew he shouldn't though. He sat up tiredly and heaved a sigh. "What time is?" he asked no one. '5:50ᴘᴍ' read the clock. He decided to watch some movies before simply falling asleep.

Damien groaned. He was bored out of his mind and his dads still aren't home. There was nothing on his phone to entertain him, no shows or movies, even fire bored him and that's rare. He too, face planted into his bed. "There's nothing to fucking DO!" he yelled in annoyance. He stared at his ceiling as if he were having a staring contest with it. He decided it'd be fun to burn some things he never used nor needed. Yes, he used them but they were only new school books that he didn't need anymore. He grabbed old books a but them in a pile. He picked up a book and looked to see if he didn't need it anymore. He smiled when he saw what it was. A small diary his dads got him in middle school. They had got for him because he wasn't talking and sharing his emotions. They felt as if they got him something private, he'd start talking again. Surely it worked. Damien opened to book, interested in what was written in it. He skimmed through pages and read one out loud.

'Dear Diary'

Damien laughed at the dumb introduction.

'Today an older kid tried to steal my lunch money and my pencils. I punched and he ran away. I got yelled at but it was worth it. He was being a bully and that's what bully's deserve. The teacher told me to apologize but I didn't listen. By bey dad says it's time for dinner.

Damien read over more page which consisted little Damien punching people. His hand writing changed
a lot. He wondered why his dads never talked to him about punching people. His head shot up as he heard the front door open. "We're home, sweetdevil," Stan called. "Alright!" Damien yelled back. He heard one of his dads give a little chuckle as footsteps were heard throughout the house. A small knock on the door caught Damien's attention. It opened reveling his dad, Lucien. "Is everything alright?" he asked as he walked towards his son. "Yeah, I'm fine," Damien informed him. "Ya looking for things to burn?" Lucien asked, putting his hand on his sons shoulder. Damien laughed and nodded his head. Lucien had always been his favorite dad even though Stan treated him like he was the best thing on the planet. Lucien was calm and nice. "What's that?" he asked, looking at the small book in Damien's hand. "Remember the diary thing you guys gave me in middle school?" Damien answered. Lucien chuckled and gave a small nod. Lucien and his son spent he rest of their time reading the stupid and rather funny thoughts of 12 year old Damien.

Stan knocked on Damien's door before slowly opening. "Sweetdemon, it's time for-," Stan gave a sweet smile at the scene before him. Damien's head leaned against Lucien's shoulder with The side of Lucien's face was covered by his son's horns. Their backs against the headboard of the bed, both peacefully asleep. Stan watched a small book slowly fell from Damien's hand. The blue skinned demon carefully laid a blanket on the two and shut the door.

A yelp was heard through the small house as Brian fell out of bed. His head hit the floor as he awoke. He looked over to the clock as he knew he wouldn't fall back to sleep. '7:00ᴀᴍ' he slowly untangled the blankets rapped around his legs. He flinched as someone pounded on his front door. He scrambled to get up. Lazily, Brian opened his from door to be met with an angry looking Vera. "I need your help," she stated, obviously not wanting to admit it. "Wow, I never expected that," Brian responded as he let her in. The business woman huffed before turning to him. "I like Amira and I need advice," she demanded, looking at him intensely. "What makes you think I know anything about relationships?" the zombie asked, raising his eyebrow. "I know that but you know more about Amira than I do!" Vera slightly yelled. She did indeed look desperate. "Her birthday is soon, tell her you like her then. I'm sure she'll return you feelings," Brian sighed. "Really?" the serpentine asked. Brian only nodded. "Here," Vera said, handing him $20. "Don't tell a soul!" she growled, storming out the door. It took a while for Brian to fully process what happened before shrugging and walking to his room.

Brian somehow managed to catch up to Damien and walk besides him. Damien looked up and smiled. "Hey," he said looking ahead. "You seem tired," Brian observed. Damien nodded. "Didn't sleep well," he answered. The 2 made small talk on their way to school. They found each other pleasing in some ways.

"And that's why I punch cops," Damien stated proudly. He had been telling Brian a story that took place a year prier to the event. Brian gave small chuckle as they entered school property. "Hey Brian?" "Hmm" "Would you say we're friends?" Damien asked. "I'd say so," Brian answered. "Sweet," Damien smiled as he shoved a piece of paper in Brian's hand before running off.

'Please fucking call me I'm really lonely xxx-xxx-xxxx'

Brian chuckled. He stuffed the paper in his pocket as Amira and Oz ran up to him.

1,069 words