FORTY TWO

"Aha! The newlyweds!" A voice echoes in the throne room as we enter, and my hand immediately flies to my saber as I look around, trying to identify the voice. My eyes catch on six figures, three on each side of the throne. My heart drops. It's the knights. Kylo grins, draping an arm around my shoulder.

"I hope you did the work I assigned you all to do while we were away." His tone is stern, but also kind.

"Yes, of course." Cardo says, waving a hand as he steps off the dais. "Though none of us understand why you'd want this job.." His voice trails off humorously, and Kylo chuckles.

"Well as we've clearly observed, Cardo," Kylo pulls a mini datapad from his robes, a smirk on his face as he tosses it to Cardo. "We all have different talents."

"Hey! I did my best." Cardo's face mirrors hurt, and he chuckles. "However, we are glad to have you back."

"Hardly in time for her coronation, Ren. You're late." Vicrul frowns, and Apl'ek pats him on the back.

"Relax, all she has to do is get ready now." He chortles.

"We're going, we just wanted to say hello." Kylo grins, hand on the small of my back as he guides me to a room just off the wall to the right of the throne.

"Luella Ta'fal-Ren, repeat after me, and become my equal. Your word will be my word. Your will is as mine." Kylo extends a hand, and I take it and nod. I'm ready. "There is no fear, there is power." He says. I repeat the words, each syllable like satin coming from my mouth. "I know no fear, but rather instill it in my enemies. I am the fire of hate, all the universe will bow before me." The words are flowing now, and I realize how similar these words are to the Sith Code that my master made me memorize. "I pledge myself to this regime, for I have found true order in the death of rebellion."

As the words finish, both Kylo and I turn to the crowd of stormtroopers and officials who witnessed my declaration. Kylo leaves my side for a moment, and returns with an iron crown, which looks just like a strip of thick metal. As he places the heavy object across my brow, he leans in close to me. "My wife, my queen." The words fill me with hope, and I press a hand to my stomach, forgetting the crowd of people as Kylo pulls me close, and presses a hard kiss to my mouth. Unexpectedly, a roaring cheer of approval emerges from the crowd, which only makes him deepen the kiss. I grin into his mouth for a moment, before everything is ripped away.