FORTY EIGHT

"Where's Finn?" Poe demands, pulling at his restraints. He's strapped to a table similar to what the First Order used to use. I cross my arms, watching him.

"It doesn't matter. I sent him to a different base." I say, the lie bitter on my tongue. In reality, Finn is in a cell two doors over.

"Where is he?" Poe's voice is dangerous now, and if I were anybody else, I'd be afraid.

"I won't tell you that," I say, pulling a datapad off a small table to my left. On it is a live security feed of Finn's cell. He's unconscious, but there are still three stormtroopers in the room with their blasters trained on him. Ready to carry out an execution if I give the order. "I've already rifled through your mind, but I believe that General Solo has taught you to shield your conscience from such attacks. I was only able to attain information about useless things." I hesitate, showing him the datapad. "Or maybe, not so useless?" Poe grits his teeth. "I'm almost offended, I wasn't invited to the wedding."

"What's happened to you, Luella?" He searches my eyes. Before I came here to interrogate him, I changed into my new uniform. While I did that, I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes have turned a harsh yellow.

"I'm the one asking questions, Dameron." I growl.

"There was always the chance that Ben would turn to the dark side. My mother told me that he reminded her of a dark side user she encountered once." He shakes his head. "But you? Little Luella couldn't hurt anybody. You were expected to do great things-"

"I am doing great things." I growl. "I took out a third of the Resistance with one attack."

"You took out children too." I wave a hand.

"Children that would grow up to follow in their parents' footsteps." I shake my head. "No, it wasn't an option to keep them alive."

"Luella this is wrong, can't you see? You're so much more than this." He pleads.

"No." I say. "This is all that I can be."

"No, it's not." He hangs his head. "I will believe in you until I die. You are better than this. I know you." He pulls on his restraints weakly again. I shout angrily, punching the metal next to his head. He looks up suddenly, surprise in his gaze.

"Everyone says they know me, General." I growl, hand aching. "But nobody does."

"Maybe that's what you think." He says sadly. I huff, pulling away.

"Darth Manik." A soldier enters the room. "The Jedi girl is requesting to speak to you." I grit my teeth. What does she think I am? A dog?

"I will speak to her when I wish to speak with her." I growl. "I will not be summoned." He nods, leaving the room.

"Lu-" I spin away from the door, hand flying across his face. He lowers his head, then looks up.

"Luella is dead." I growl. "She died when I took my vows as a Sith."

"No." He searches my eyes. "I don't have the Force, but Ben says there is light in you-" I interrupt him with a laugh.

"Please, the last time Ben saw me, he almost turned me to the light side until I found out he betrayed me." I turn to the door. "He's killed every bit of light in my life." I look back at him as the door slides open. "I'm irredeemable."

"I don't believe that." He says. "No one is irredeemable." I turn away again, stepping into the hallway.

"Get me troop numbers, base locations, and the names of any suppliers." I order one of the guards, jerking my chin towards the room with Poe in it. "Use any means necessary." I turn to the next cell- Rey's cell. In three steps, I make it to the door, and it slides open.