SEVENTEEN

KYLO REN'S POV

"I seem to remember Toruk coming to me a few days ago, yes. He captured a new batch of slaves." The Zygerrian queen inspects her long nails. "His slaves are known for being the most submissive- are you interested in buying?" I growl, stepping forward.

"I won't buy what's already mine." I snap. "I want the woman you stole." The queen laughs, hiding her chuckle behind a hand.

"Oh, does the fearsome Kylo Ren have feelings for a slave?"

"She's not a slave." I snarl, wishing I had brought the Knights inside with me, but I made them stand guard outside.

"She will be when my dear Toruk is finished with her." She claps her hands together excitedly. "Oh, he is so good at breaking the will of inferior life forms!" I bare my teeth, rage coursing through me.

"Where is she?" I raise my hand and curl it, cutting off her air. She gasps, clawing at her throat. Her guards step toward me, but I snap their necks with a flick of my wrist.

Weak.

The queen gags, and I bring her closer to me until her throat is underneath my gloved hand. I press my other hand to her temple, piercing her mind. She lets out a hollowed scream and I push harder.

"The slave region." She pants. "The lower levels of this world." I let her drop to the ground.

"That wasn't so hard, was it, Your Majesty?" I turn on my heel.

"Ren." Her voice is like gravel as she tries to raise herself up. "The girl you retrieve will not be the same one who you lost." She coughs, grinning up at me. "I received a transmission only hours before you arrived. He broke her."

I've never been so satisfied as when her head topples from her shoulders, my lightsaber popping and fizzing in my shaking hand.

"You don't know her like I do." I sneer. "She's stronger than the both of us."

"Lord Ren, did you-" Trudgen hesitates. "Oh, so-"

"Get ready." I order. "We're heading to the lower levels of this planet." He nods.

"Yes sir."

"I want every hostile on this platform dealt with." I tell the five men flanking me. Five, because Ap'lek is still in the medbay.

"How do we know if they're hostile?" Ushar asks. I look at him, raising an eyebrow.

"If they're shooting at you, they're hostile." I say, and Vicrul chuckles beside me. My stomach clenches as I remember his reaction upon finding out about Luella's disappearance. Now I know how he feels about her, and it sends bolts of rage streaking down my skin. "I can sense her." I frown, closing my eyes, reaching out with the Force. "But she's weak, fading. Get out there in three teams of two and contact me immediately if you find her." I narrow my eyes amid the chorus of 'yes sirs' and gesture for Kuruk to accompany me.

We venture through the lower regions of Zygerria, leaving a trail of guards behind us.

"Luella should be down this hall." Kuruk says, opening the door. Anxiety rushes through me. I need to find her. I have to get to her. I race down the hall, scanning every room with the force.

I skid to a stop outside the last room, where there's fear flooding the hall.

It's her, I feel her, I sense her.

My heart clenches.

"Get this open for me," I growl. "and get the boys down here." Kuruk nods, relaying my command while slicing the door panel.

I bite the inside of my lip impatiently, stomach roiling.

The door opens, and I shove through it.