SEVEN

"So there are seven of you, and you all do different things?" I ask Vicrul, the man I've found an unexpected friend in.

"Yes. There's me, Cardo, Lord Ren, Ap'lek, Kuruk, Trudgen, and Ushar."

"Wow that's so-" The two of us turn our heads at a loud crash and heavy footsteps. I frown as a masked Kylo stomps past the open door, that nurse, Tesa trailing behind him, protesting about something. "Cool?" I stand up, exchanging a look with Vicrul.

"He's probably going off on some adventure. Tesa doesn't like him to leave." I purse my lips, setting off into the hall to follow him.

"Lord Ren please!" Tesa protests as Kylo climbs into his TIE-Fighter. "You're not fully healed."

"The Supreme Leader has requested an audience with me. I must go." He looks up, seeing me watching him. "Luella?" Tesa turns around angrily, lip curled and malevolence in her eyes.

"Where are you going?" I demand, crossing my arms.

"The Supremacy. I'll be fine." I nod. Of course he will. "I'll be back soon, and hopefully Snoke will be dead." I nod again, watching him close the hatch and start the engine.

"Who are you?"Tesa's face is curled into hate. "You can't come here and steal him from me!" I step back, raising my hands in defense.

"I have no idea what you mean." I don't even realize how fast she is until she's in my face, baring her teeth at me.

"I have worked with Lord Ren for years, trying to gain his trust." From the fierce look in her eye, she's looking for more than that. "Get off this ship!"

"Tesa." Vicrul snaps from behind me. "Act civilized." She glares at him, but steps away.

"Keep your whore under control, Vicrul." She sneers. "She's getting in my way." Vicrul's face twists as he moves forward, pulling a blaster pistol from the holster at his hip. Tesa's eyes flash in uneasiness as she steps back. I quickly step in front of him, grabbing his arm.

"Vicrul, please don't." He glances down at me and I feel the dark side raging through him like a storm. I suck in a breath, pulling my hand away like the darkness is contagious. "Please." My hands are shaking but my voice is steady. He lets out an angry breath through his nose and turns on his heel, leaving the room. Tesa blinks at me, but I ignore her and chase Vicrul through the halls. "Vicrul?" He ignores me, turning down another corridor. I frown, crossing my arms. Fine. Looking around, I see that I'm near my room, so I find it and open the door.

I meditate in my room for several hours to pass the time.

A surge of pain hits me suddenly and abruptly, and I snap my eyes open. A pain in my mind is swimming around me and the force is ablaze with turmoil.

I don't realize that I'm screaming until there are hands at my shoulders, shaking me. I look up, vision blurred with red hot tears streaming down my face. I scream again, sending Vicrul, Cardo, and another unmasked Knight of Ren flying across the room, slamming into the metal walls.

The pain is exploding through my fingertips, dripping like sap from my lips. Everything is red as the sound claws its way up my throat, leaving painful scratches behind.

What is happening to me?

I might be screaming the words or thinking them, or both. I yank at the ends of my hair, trying to distract myself from the pain.

Then, it's gone. I close my eyes and give into everything around me.

Soon, I wake up to bright lights, and a familiar face.

"Ben?" His eyes are distracted, but he snaps his attention to me as the words leave my mouth. Everything hurts, and my throat is sore. He scowls at me.

"I left you here so my Knights would protect you, but you attacked them instead." His voice trembles with liquid fury. I blink. What is he talking about?

     "What?" His lip curls at my confusion. With a start, I realize my wrists are chained. I pull on them weakly, looking up into his brown eyes. Those eyes have always entranced me. "What's going on?" He lets out a breath, which brushes my forehead, and I become aware of how close his face is to mine. Then it all hits me like a tidal wave. Jakku, Poe, Ben... no, Kylo, the Knights of Ren. I gasp. "What did I do?" I widen my eyes. "I didn't mean to hurt them!" He frowns, taking his fingers away from my face.

Immediately, I realize that he used some kind of trick on my mind. And it left a pounding headache, which sends spots bubbling into my vision.

"You sensed Luke's death." He states. "You don't know how to control your emotions."

"Luke's dead?" He nods. I feel a sob rise in my chest.

"Yes, the last Jedi is dead." I open my mouth to protest but a smirk plays along his lips, which are still dangerously close to mine. "No. You're no Jedi, Amica Mea." He purrs. "Just like me. I can feel the darkness in you," A small nod accompanies every other word in the last sentence as if he's trying to convince me. His eyes trace my face. "The hunger in you. It's all there." My breathing becomes ragged as he moves closer to me, so close that we're trading breaths. I can't seem to draw my gaze from his. I can hear my heartbeat thundering, and he might be able to as well.

"Lord Ren." He huffs a warm breath across my face, which makes my heart flutter and loose strands of my hair dance. He moves back, rolling his eyes.

"Yes, Vicrul?" Kylo turns, letting me see the Knight. Vicrul's face is flushed, and something churns in his eyes.

"General Hux is making contact from his ship." Kylo nods. "Lord Ren?" Kylo stops. "What will happen to her?" He waves his hand and my restraints fall.

"Nothing. Take care of her, Vicrul. I know you have been so far." Vicrul purses his lips, stepping aside for his leader to leave the room before stepping up to me. I don't meet his eyes.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." He reaches timidly towards me, as if I'm made of fire and he doesn't want to get burned. "I- I swear. I'm sorry. Please-"

"I know." He brushes a strand of hair behind my ear. "Come on, let's get you out of this room." I nod, taking the hand he offers and stepping off the hard, shiny, metal interrogation table. "Where do you want to go?" I shrug, head spinning. "How about your room?" I nod, subconsciously raising my fingers to my lips.

He almost kissed me.

Vicrul's unease swirls around me. I glance up at him.

"What?"

"Lord Ren. There's a girl, a Jedi. He can see her when nobody else can, claims it to be some sort of force-bond, she's the one who gave him his scar."

"So?"

"When he speaks about her, there's a light in him, Lady. He cares for her like no other, do not be fooled by his acts of compassion." My heart sinks.

He loves someone else.

The irritation and disappointment must have been evident on my face because he stops walking. "Lady-"

"Call me Luella." I interrupt. "That's my name. I'm no Lady." With that, I keep walking, finding my own way to my room, Vicrul trailing behind me.