THIRTY FOUR

"This is General Solo, requesting permission to land." Ben says into the comm as we enter the planet's atmosphere.

"General Solo, you have permission to-"

"Ben!" A voice interrupts the speaker. My blood goes cold. I recognise her accent.

"Rey! I'm trying to be formal, stop." The first voice snaps.

"Oh Finn, you've never been formal a day in your life." She responds. "Come on down, Solo." Ben's face hints at a smile as he looks down to me, but it fades as he sees my cold expression.

"Luella, she's just a friend." He places a hand on my knee, squeezing it once before turning back to the ship. I bite back the anxiety boiling in my gut. I was a part of the First Order. I never officially renounced it like Ben did. Even if I do now, will they believe me? Will they forgive me? I didn't die for their cause, Ben did. How can I prove my loyalty? Do I deserve their forgiveness? Of course not. Ben does. He gave up everything for them, of course they love him. They made him a General of all things.

As the ship lands, a girl sticks her head into the cockpit, her fiery red hair bound in a braid over her shoulder.

"Master, can you please remind Temiri that it's his turn to refuel?" Ben chuckles, standing. He offers his hand to me, but I keep my head lowered.

"Arashell, please tell your brother that if he doesn't want to refuel, he can do it next time, as well as washing the entire ship." She grins at Ben's response, and as the door closes, I can hear her yelling. "They grew up fast." Ben says with a small smile. I nod, gripping the arms of my chair. He sighs, crouching down in front of me and taking my face in his hand. "Darling, I know you're anxious, but please. They have nothing against you."

"I stabbed Rey in the arm with my lightsaber and I knocked Poe out during the Canto Bight mission." Ben chuckles.

"Rey sliced my face open, I almost killed Finn, and I tortured Poe. They all accepted me back. They will for you, too."

"Ben, I-"

"Shh," He silences me with a gentle kiss. "Come on, love." He takes my hand, pulling me up. "I wouldn't have brought you here if I thought you'd be in danger." I nod, letting him lead me out of the ship. I can't help but think that maybe he only brought me back to get rid of a potential enemy.