2: Life Goes On

Jungkook hadn't been the same since that day a few months ago.

He told his father what happened, but instead of being comforted by his father and having the mafia members hunt down the guards for justice to be served, his own father laughed at his tears and called him a crybaby and a sl*t.

Jungkook decided then that he would keep his problems to himself. He no longer went out with a bodyguard to shop or gets snacks from the store. He stayed in his room curled up in his bed, waiting for the next mission.

He lived his life day by day, mission by mission.

He had never truly been happy before, but it wasn't until now that he had been truly broken.

The teasing and name calling from the members of the mafia only increased, making things worse for him. And once or twice someone would try to sneak into his room to have his way with Jungkook like the guards did.

Luckily, Jungkook was able to push away the first guy and was able to get himself a gun to hide under his pillow by the time more people started trying.

It's a good thing people are scared of guns, because Jungkook didn't think he would be able to pull the trigger when it really came down to it. Yes, he had learned how to shoot a gun. He is part of a mafia, after all. But shooting a target and shooting a living human are two very different things.

Sometimes, Jungkook contemplated whether or not going on the missions would be worth it, or if he should just let his father kill him with the press of a button.

But each time he came to the conclusion that he should keep going and stick it out. That one day, maybe things would get better. That life goes on, and things change. His life won't be like this forever.

He wanted to live.

He wanted to experience the beautiful things in life.

He wanted to experience love.

To love someone and be loved back.

All he had to do was stick it out until he had the opportunity to get away from his dad and the mafia and live a little.

Currently, Jungkook was taking a depression nap when his father barged into his room.

"What the f*ck are you doing in bed in the afternoon?" Junhyun growled, in a bad mood. "Adults don't take naps. Get up. We have another mission tonight. This time it's going to be more involved than other missions. Wear something nice, but make it all black."

And with that, Jungkook was sitting up and rubbing his eyes tiredly as his dad left his room.

Jungkook held in tears as he got out of bed, going to take a shower since he skipped it the day before when he was feeling too sad to get out of bed.

He really wasn't in the mood today, but then again, he wasn't ever in the mood for a mission anyway. But he couldn't control when he had missions.

He took a quick but thorough shower, knowing that he needed to smell good for every mission he went on. He can't seduce anyone while smelling like garbage.

He washed his face particularly well since he was starting to get a few small breakouts here and there. They weren't noticable yet, but he wanted to get rid of it. He followed up by putting moisturizers on his face and body.

Wrapped up in a fluffy towel, Jungkook went to his closet and started looking for an outfit.

His father said nice and all black.

He grabbed black jeans with a few rips on the thighs and a black shirt with a black belt.

He got dressed and went to his vanity.

He put in his usual dark eyeliner and pulled out a few different options for his lips. Simple chapstick? Shiny lip gloss? A neutral lip tint?

Jungkook settled on the pinkish lip tint, applying it to his lips before moving on to his hair. He blow dried his hair and straightened it.

He hadn't dared to have curly and fluffy hair ever since that day. He hadn't worn the same outfit from that day either, afraid that it would send him into a panic attack.

Finishing the look, he put on black boots. Secretly, he put a strap around his ankle and hid a small gun in the side if his boot. He wouldn't let the same mistake happen again.

Once he deemed himself ready, he left his room and went down to the kitchen where he heard voices.

He entered and bowed. "I'm ready, father."

"About time, sl*t. What took you so long? Were you pleasuring yourself?" Junhyun mocked.

"N-no, sir. I was taking a shower," Jungkook explained, blinking back tears. He didn't want to be called a crybaby too.

"Now that you're finally here we can get started. So, about the mission today: recently there's been a new rising mafia group called BTS, and they messed with one of our drug cartels. That lost us a couple grand. We can always get more money, but now this is about defending our honor and superiority," Junhyun explained. "A little birdy told me that they have a warehouse full of guns and equipment. So we are going to steal some and blow up the rest."

Jungkook blinked in confusion. It didn't sound like his typical distraction job. "What am I supposed to do?"

"You are going to be the bait."

"Bait?" Jungkook nervously chuckled. "What do you mean by that? Am I supposed to distract someone?"

"No, you idiot child. Bait means bait, not distraction. I'm going to have you caught by them on purpose," Junhyun explained.

"Wh-what?"

"I want you to lure information out of them and report back to me. Become a mole. Don't worry, I will know where you are at all times thanks to the GPS tracker, so you aren't in any real danger," his dad waved him off.

But Jungkook was still worried.

"Sir, I've never done a mission like this before. How am I supposed to do this?"

"Don't give me that excuse. You're a wh*re, just use your body to seduce them. It's the same thing you've been doing for years."

"You want me to sell myself for info?" Jungkook asked, feeling very betrayed, not understanding how a father could treat their son like this and use their son like this. Did Junhyun even love him? There was no way he did. "Isn't destroying their equipment enough?"

"No!" Junhyun slammed his fist on the table, causing Jungkook to flinch and the other men to snicker at the boy. "They humiliated the Bullseye Mafia, and I want to take them down! They will be eliminated completely, every last one of them, even if it's the last thing I do. I'm not going to let some amateurs walk all over me!"

"O-okay," Jungkook nodded. "I'll do it."

"Of course you will. You know why? Because I said so and I'll blow your brains out if you don't," Junhyun growled, standing up. "Now let's get to the car."

Jungkook silently followed the others, getting into the back of the car. The ride to the wearhouse took almost an hour, and when they stopped, Junhyun joined Jungkook in the back, handing him a gun.

"If we want them to kidnap you, you have to look like you belong here. Take this gun, and follow me. I'll cover you so you don't get shot."

Jungkook silently took the gun and stared at it before glancing up and watching the other gang members exiting the truck, cocking their guns.

His breathing was slowly picking up, and Junhyun took notice.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay," he smiled at Jungkook warmly, but his eyes remained cold. He pat Jungkook's back. "I'll protect you, I promise. You're my son and I don't want you to get hurt. I love you."

Jungkook closed his eyes, letting out a shuddering breath to control his emotions. Liar. You don't love me. You don't know what love is. 

Jungkook shrugged it off, slowly getting up and leaving the car with his dad beside him.

"Lead the way, sir."