15: Resistance and Reliance

(A/N: This is the last pre-written chapter, so updates will slow down from here.)

Jungkook returned to Namjoon's office and said nothing about Seojun or the phone. He wanted to deal with this on his own. This was his problem and he didn't want to drag everyone else into it, but he also didn't want them to misunderstand and lose trust in him. 

Little did he know that keeping quiet could possibly be one of the biggest mistakes he could have made. 

Instead, he decided that he would ignore the texts and pretend that the other phone didn't exist. He figured that would be the easiest way to avoid everything while he thinks of a better plan.

But he was on edge all day and that made him in a cuddly mood. Namjoon even noticed how he was tense and how he would hug himself.

"If you were that nervous to start working, then I wouldn't have given you any work to do today," Namjoon smiled. "Do you want to take a break and just settle in for a bit?"

Jungkook nodded and sat on the chair across from Namjoon, hugging himself tightly.

Namjoon sighed. "Are you okay, bun? You look tense."

"I'm okay."

"Do you need a hug?"

Jungkook nodded and Namjoon opened his arms, inviting Jungkook to come over and sit on his lap to cuddle.

Jungkook accepted the invitation gladly.

He sat on Namjoon's left leg, draping his legs over Namjoon's other leg, hugging around his neck. Namjoon pulled him closer, almost cradling him like a baby. Once they were comfortable, Namjoon scooted his chair back in and started going through more paperwork with his unoccupied hand.

Who knew Jungkook could be so clingy?

Well, he should have seen this coming because his lack of a mother gave him mommy issues and his sorry excuse of a father gave him daddy issues, but that's besides the point.

The way Namjoon offered to hold him without being asked and the way Namjoon's strong arms around him felt like a weighted blanket made Jungkook relax. Namjoon wouldn't be doing this if he didn't care about him, right? He didn't need to worry about his dad. Namjoon would be there for him every step of the way. He knew he could rely on Namjoon.

After an hour or two of staying in that position, Namjoon finally finished the paper documents he was working on. He had purposefully planned less work for himself today because he knew he would need to help Jungkook adjust and show him around.

"Okay, bun. I have to print some things for tomorrow. Do you want to go get it from the printing room, or would you rather I go get it?"

"I can go," Jungkook insisted, not wanting to be useless. "But could you maybe go with me to make sure I remember where it is?"

"Sure." Namjoon pat Jungkook's thigh to tell him to get up.

Jungkook got up and watched as Namjoon typed a couple things on his computer, clicked his mouse a few times, and then stood up.

"Alright, it should be done printing by the time we get there. Let's go."

Jungkook followed Namjoon out of his office, going through the hall to the elevator. He let Namjoon push the buttons and they rode down in peaceful silence. As soon as the doors opened he marched out with his head held high trying his best to remember the way there on his own. He liked relying on Namjoon but he didn't want to be reliant on Namjoon, if that made sense.

Namjoon let Jungkook lead, knowing he probably wanted to challenge himself to remember the location.

Jungkook found his way there with no problem, but then could not remember which door it was. He turned to look at Namjoon for help with big doe eyes.

"That one," Namjoon pointed.

"Thank you," Jungkook smiled sheepishly and opened the door, going in to grab the small stack of papers.

"You're welcome. Now let's bring those back to my office and then we can go home for the day."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I wanted today to be a nice and easy start so that you don't feel overwhelmed," Namjoon explained.

Jungkook nodded and they made their way back to the elevator. Jungkook pressed the buttons this time, and they quickly made their way back to Namjoon's office.

After putting the papers down, Jungkook turned to Namjoon, who had a slightly more serious face on.

"Bun, would you like to have your own office?"

"I don't know," Jungkook shrugged.

"Then I guess that's something we can think about and discuss later, but we do need to talk about something else."

Jungkook immediately freaked out internally. Did Namjoon find out about his other phone? Or about Seojun?

"What is it?" He asked nervously.

"Since you are going to be part of the mafia, you are going to have to learn some offensive and defensive skills. Do you have any experience with guns?"

"I do," Jungkook nodded, relieved that it wasn't about the phone.

"Are you any good?" Namjoon asked.

"I could shoot at targets pretty decently, but I've never had to actually shoot anyone. I don't know if I could." Jungkook admitted.

"Well usually all it takes to scare someone is to know how to hold the gun properly, so I'm sure you'll be fine," Namjoon smiled reassuringly. "I'm more worried about you knowing how to defend yourself than knowing how to attack anyone. This is a dangerous business to be in, and I don't want you to get hurt."

"Okay," Jungkook smiled back, loving how Namjoon showed concern for his wellbeing. "So what will I be learning then?"

"If you already know about guns, then do you know some basic hand to hand combat or any style of martial arts?"

"Um, no."

"Well if you don't want to shoot anyone, then learning how to punch might be a good start," Namjoon reasoned.

"Okay," Jungkook agreed.

"We have a training facility downtown. I'll start taking you there every weekend for combat training."

Jungkook nodded in understanding.

"For now, let's just go home."

Jungkook nodded again and followed Namjoon out, gathering the others so they could all share the car on the way back.