5: Broken Boy

(A/N: Bruh this chapter kinda just depressing read with caution if that triggers you. Skip anything you need to skip.) 

"This is why I don't like dealing with other gangs," Namjoon sighed. "They are always so selfish and desperate for something. That boy was practically begging for dick. How could Junhyun raise his kid like that? Such a shame."

"He was flirting with everyone," Yoongi grumbled. "If I wanted to f*ck a cheap wh*re I would go to a bar and find someone myself."

"You said some very unkind words," Jin berated softly.

"Yeah, well the truth hurts. He can suck it up," Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"I think there's something going on with that boy," Jin confessed. "Something just doesn't sit right with me. He was terrified when he first woke up. It doesn't make sense that he would become like that so fast."

"Maybe it was a defense mechanism," Hoseok shrugged.

"Well whatever it was, it was disgusting," Taehyung shivered. "He was cute, I'll give him that, but that was gross."

"I still feel like something's not right," Jin frowned. "He didn't seem like the type of person to be that way when I first talked to him."

"The ones that seem the most innocent always become the kinkiest people," Jimin shrugged. "Maybe we were just the first decent looking guys he's seen in a while."

"I'll just check on him in a minute," Jin told them, but more comforting himself. "He should be fine. He's fine."

They were all chilling in the kitchen during this conversation while eating lunch, and Jin brought a cup of water up to his lips.

He took a few sips to calm himself down, but it wasn't working. He felt absolutely anxious in every way.

Jin slammed the cup back down and stood up, his chair falling behind him. "I'm going to bring him a meal. I'll check on him now rather than later. I'm sure his leg healing has made him hungry," Jin ranted to himself as he swiftly moved through the kitchen to make the boy a sandwich.

"Slow down, Jin. I'm sure it's nothing," Namjoon smiled. "Do you want me to come with you?"

Jin frantically nodded, putting his hands to his mouth, feeling so nervous it was making him nauseous. "Could you please hold the food? I'm feeling a little weird and I don't want to throw up on his lunch."

"Okay," Namjoon picked up the paper plate with a simple sandwich on it, and he followed Jin through the familiar halls of their home base, getting to the first medic room. The biggest one. "Watch. I'm going to open this door, and the kid will probably be sleeping soundly on the bed."

Namjoon turned the doorknob and opened the door swiftly.

Jin's scream echoed through the whole mansion, and soon several footsteps were approaching the medic room.

Meanwhile, while Namjoon was frozen in shock and disbelief, Jin ran into the room to take action.

Jungkook was sitting on the medical bed with a small surgical knife in his hand. He had cut open the stitches from the previous bulletwound, and he had sliced his wrist open a few times. When the door opened, he had been dripping blood and holding the knife to his own neck, a blank faraway look in his eyes.

Jin wrestled the knife out of Jungkook's hands and threw it away in the room. Namjoon had to duck to avoid losing an eye. Immediately, he was grabbing supplies for stitches and many, many bandages.

If Jin had come any later, he might have been too late.

He wasn't sure why this boy seemed so important, but this whole situation was full of questions and loose ends.

Sure, they were a mafia and they had to kill occasionally, especially for self defense purposes, and they were pretty desensitized to people dying. But usually, they begged for their lives to be spared. They didn't try to take their own lives first.

The others got to the door, breathing heavily.

"What happened?" Yoongi asked.

Jimin gasped when he looked inside and saw Jungkook covered in his own blood.

The others followed Jimin's gaze, a stunned silence falling over the five of them as Jin diligently tended to Jungkook's wounds.

They all felt a little guilty for badmouthing the boy earlier, but there was nothing that they could do now.

Yoongi wordlessly walked away, unable to stay any longer. It was a very triggering image for him, and he needed to get away.

Hoseok noticed and followed Yoongi to keep him comfort and company. Yoongi would definitely be needing it.

After almost an hour, Jin is finished.

"Jungkook," Jin finally speaks, breaking the deafening silence.

Jungkook doesn't show any signs of response, staring blankly at the wall, holding his knees to his chest.

"Jungkook," Jin's voice broke as he called out again. "Can you hear me?"

Jungkook hesitated before nodding a little, still staring at the wall, never blinking.

"What happened?" Jin asked softly, rubbing Jungkook's back.

Jungkook flinched at first before going back to staring at the wall. Slowly, a tear fell down his already wet cheeks. He shook his head and bit his lip, refusing to answer, and he closed his eyes taking a deep breath, and dropping his head to his knees.

Jungkook couldn't believe he was just caught trying to take his own life. How pathetic that he couldn't even do that for himself. Somehow, getting caught seemed so shameful. Jungkook couldn't find it in him to look at or speak to Jin. He knew ignoring someone is rude, but his mind was completely blank.

The voices of negative thoughts in his head were finally gone for a moment, but he felt unbelievably numb and empty.

He had no words to say. He didn't know how to explain himself, and he didn't want to.

They wouldn't understand him anyway. They would be like his dad and like everyone else who called him names, and they would tell him to get over himself and stop being a weak crybaby.

And void of emotions, he still managed to cry. Finally away from the pressure his father had given him to be strong, he crumbled and broke down. His body shook with sobs that he had been holding back for years. Tears that he had refused to let fall for years. Years worth of pain and misery, finally being released through his big, beautiful doe eyes that seemed to bring him nothing but misfortune.

It was a heartbreaking sight, and Jin found himself tearing up. And so did Jimin and Taehyung. Even the strong leader Namjoon himself, who was calm in every situation, struggled to hold back his own tears.

Seeing the boy this way reminded him of when he first met Yoongi, many many years ago.