24: Small Mishap

Life is about balance. And when you feel like you're living a double life, it can be hard to keep it balanced.

That's what Jungkook was experiencing, dating Namjoon while secretly giving his father bits and pieces of information.

So much guilt...

But he couldn't stop now that he finally was experiencing happiness.

Jungkook was at the gym practicing boxing and self defense. He had been doing it weekly since Namjoon had him start. It had been a few weeks since then and Jungkook had already gained some muscle.

At first he was upset that he had gained weight, as muscle weighs more than fat. But when he realized he was more toned and he was stronger than he had been before, he was all for it.

And he especially loved the way Namjoon would stare at him appreciatively when he showed off his new body.

As he hit the sand bag, he kept all those thoughts in mind and tried to take his mind off of his father.

(What do we do with feelings?
We hide them in our muscles!)

The others were currently on a mission. Jungkook wasn't allowed to go on missions yet since he was still learning different methods of self defense.

Yet another reason why he was pushing himself so hard during the work out. He wanted to be able to join them someday soon.

Finished with his boxing workout, Jungkook took off his gloves, putting them in his gym bag and taking out his water bottle.

While he drank some water, he wiped off his sweat with a small towel, and dropped it back into the bag.

Even though he wasn't allowed on missions yet, he was allowed to drive one of the cars. So with his water bottle in hand, he left the facility and drove back to the main house.

He dropped his gym bag by his dresser in his room and stripped his clothes off, putting them directly into his hamper. Wrapping a towel around himself, he made his way to the bathroom for a quick shower.

He made sure to wash himself extra well, taking his time and relaxing in the warm water. It felt good on his tired out muscles.

After probably 30 minutes of standing under the warm water, he finally got out and dried himself off.

He put on a fresh set of clean clothes and used his towel on his hair so that it wouldn't drip onto his shirt.

Going back into his room, he heard his phone going crazy.

Worried, Jungkook quickly ran to his gym bag where he left his phone.

It was Jin.

"Hello?" Jungkook answered the phone.

"Finally! Kookie, I've been calling for 15 minutes."

"I'm sorry, I was in the shower. Is everything okay?"

"No. Well, it's fine. But not yet. Jimin was shot and he's being looked at by a personal doctor, he'll be fine," Seokjin was rambling thoughts.

"Jimin was shot?!" Jungkook gasped.

"Yeah. We were ambushed by the Bullseye Mafia, but we got out okay. Jimin's the only one injured, and it's just his leg."

"How are you so calm right now??"

"Jimin's tougher than he looks. He'll be fine. He's already making jokes about it with Taehyung."

"Okay," Jungkook mumbled, a little relieved, but very, very guilty. He was the one that tipped off the rivals about the event. But he didn't give a location, so how did his father find it? "When will you be back?"

"We will be back sometime tonight. I'll make dinner, but it will be later so you might want to get yourself a snack."

"Okay."

Jungkook didn't think he would be able to eat any snacks or food while he was this guilty and worried.

Jin ended the call and Jungkook tossed his phone onto the bed. He went into his closet and put on some comfy clothes, before going to the living room and waiting on the couch for the others to come back.

He couldn't get his mind to do anything else but wait for them to come back. He sat there for hours. He even fell asleep on the couch for about an hour.

When they returned home, Jungkook immediately jumped off of the couch and ran to the door.

"Where's Jimin?!"

"I'm right here," Jimin laughed, walking over with a slight limp.

"Are you okay?? I'm so sorry!" Jungkook pouted, hugging him tightly and inspecting the cast wrapped on Jimin's leg.

"I'm fine, bun. Why are you freaking out? You've been shot in the leg before, too."

"But it hurts a lot! Are you not hurting anymore?"

"Of course it hurts a little, but it's not that bad. You don't have to worry about me, bun."

Jungkook pouted, not fully believing Jimin, but deciding to let it go.

"If I had been there--"

"If you had been there, you probably would have also gotten hurt," Namjoon interrupted. "You're still training for a reason. Jimin is one of the top men we have, and he still got injured. This is a very dangerous occupation, and I want everyone fully trained properly before going on missions."

Jungkook wanted to argue, but settled for crossing his arms and glaring at the wall.

"What's that look for?"

"I've improved a lot," Jungkook huffed.

"But you still bring fists to a gun fight," Namjoon sighed and pat Jungkook's shoulder. "You have to be both physically and mentally strong. You're a smart kid, but you're not quite ready."

"I'm going to bed early," Jungkook grumbled, starting to walk away.

"I haven't made dinner yet--" Jin frowned.

"Not hungry."

They all cringed as they heard Jungkook's door shut down the hall.

"Is this my fault?" Jimin frowned.

"No, of course not," Yoongi huffed. "He's just a pent up, angsty teen. He doesn't know how to deal with emotions yet."