14: New BTS Member?

After all the time they spent together becoming friends and after Jungkook hadn't done anything bad that day while they were gone, they all trusted Jungkook as someone from their tight knit inner circle.

Maybe they trusted him a little too much, but who knows? Jungkook was a shy little baby that did what he was told. He could do no harm, and that had been proved time and time again.

At first they had never planned to do this, but Jungkook had been getting more and more sad lately, feeling like he had nothing to do and he was being a burden and a freeloader. So after an important discussion, they agreed to offer him a job.

A job in their inner circle.

But of course, only if he wanted it. And they would start off small with less important tasks to keep testing his loyalty. Giving him all of their secrets at the beginning would be a mistake,  both because they don't know how loyal he is, and because if he was taken he might cave into interrogations when people use extreme measures.

Jungkook was sitting on a bench in the garden when they approached him.

"Hey bun," Namjoon smiled, sitting down beside him.

Jungkook turned. "Hello."

"We've been noticing that you haven't been very happy lately," Namjoon began, getting Jungkook's attention. "You said you wish you could do more for us?"

"Yeah."

"The boys and I have been talking, and we want to offer to let you join our mafia."

"Really?!" Jungkook gasped, looking around at everyone.

"Surprise!" Jimin giggled.

"Headquarters is boring without you anyway," Taehyung smiled.

"So we can communicate with you better, we also got you this," Yoongi held out a box.

Jungkook took it and carefully opened it. It was a phone. He looked up. "You got me a phone?"

"Of course!" Hoseok smiled. "We didn't really have a way to contact you when we were gone before, and while that isn't good, it wasn't too much of a problem since you never went anywhere. If you join us, we need to be able to contact each other."

"Oh, and we got this to go with it," Jin handed Jungkook a phone case. It was a cute yellow phone case with a picture of gudetama (the lazy egg) on it.

Jungkook frowned. Surely they just spent a lot of money on him. He wasn't worth their money when all he did was sit in bed and do nothing.

"What's wrong? Do you not like the gift?"

Jungkook looked back up at them all and thought about how they got the phone so he could work with them, so he was just going to have to work hard to give back what they had spent on him.

"No! I love it!" Jungkook smiled, putting up a very convincing mask. "I'm just really surprised, is all."

"So do you want to join BTS?" Namjoon asked.

Jungkook turned back to Namjoon, still sitting beside him. "Of course!" Maybe this could even be a way out of Bulls Eye.

"Then let's get your phone and contact list set up, and we can show you around headquarters tomorrow."

~~~~~

Jungkook could barely sit still in the car, excited about leaving the house of the BTS Mafia's inner circle, where he had been stuck for the past few months.

Apparently he had been in need of fresh air for a while, and now he could finally get it.

The large black car with tinted windows came to a stop in a designated parking spot next to a pretty regular looking office building.