CHAPTER EIGHT

"Girl Meets Rileytown" 

Primrose climbs through the window after Maya does

Primrose climbs through the window after Maya does. She stood next to her, tilting her head to the side with confusion when she sees Riley in bed, under her covers. 

"No, no, no, no. You can't be sick." Maya pointed at Riley after she said cough and sniffle. "You can't leave me and Rosie alone to do this life thing." 

"I think I have the foo foo plague." Riley told them. 

"What's the foo foo plague?" Primrose questions, glancing at Maya. "Is that even a real thing?" She figured it wasn't real since she never heard of it before and it seemed like Riley was faking being sick. It confused and concerned her as to why Riley was taking being sick because that would  mean something bad is going on at school which would cause her to not want to go.

Maya shrugs. "No idea." She turns to Riley. "So you do have the foo foo plague? And what do you take for that?"

"Foo foo medicine." Riley replies. "And it makes you really sleepy. Night, night. Bye." She then pulled the covers over her head. 

"Okay, so I'm looking up your fake disease on the fake internet..." Maya pretended to be scrolling through her phone. 

"Can I have a sick day, please?" Riley asks. 

Primrose exchanged a worried look with Maya, both girls wondering why Riley would be asking that and if something wrong was going on. 

"It wants to know if you have a crushing weight on your chest." Maya continues.  "Do you have a crushing weight?"

"Yep. Crushing weight. Yep, yep." Riley responded, still under the covers.

Primrose giggles a bit when Maya jumps on top of her. "Oh, no! Maya, Primrose, I really do! I have the foo foos! It's like there's an elephant on my chest!" Riley exclaimed worriedly. 

A look of offense forms on Maya's face. "I'm at most a labradoodle." She then got off of Riley, pulling the covers off of her while Primrose joined them on the bed. 

"Maya, Primrose, you have to get far far away from me. I don't want you two to catch this." Riley told them. 

"I know. That would be terrible." Maya nodded, getting under the covers next to Riley. 

"Absolutely terrible." Primrose agreed. She chuckled lightly as Maya rolled all over Riley.

Maya sits up when Riley giggles. "Okay, now can we please go to school now and get out of Rileytown?"

Riley's mood then changes and Primrose thought she looked almost offended which surprised her. Maya looks over at Primrose with confusion and looks back at Riley. "What? I just said, 'Can we get out of Rileytow-'" She was interrupted when Riley suddenly shoved her off the bed.