CHAPTER ONE

Moving day

Moving day. 

The day where Primrose gets to move back to New York. She feels awful for leaving her dad back in Texas, but he constantly told her that he will be fine and that she should do this. He knew that she wasn't happy in Texas. He felt bad for making her move away from everything she has ever known to a small town in Texas where she didn't have any friends. Primrose did make one friend in Texas even though it's hard for her making friends since she's not the most social person. 

Isaiah Babineaux, better known as Zay, was the only friend she made in Texas. She learned that Zay was best friends with Lucas before he moved to New York. She always wondered why Lucas had to move, but she didn't say anything about it knowing that Lucas would tell her on his own time and she doesn't want to pressure him into telling her. Ever since she left for Texas she always found a way to stay in contact with her best friends back in New York, but it still wasn't the same as it was seeing them in person. 

She was so excited to be able to move back to New York. She missed her mom and sister. She also missed her best friends, maybe even missed Farkle a bit more than the others. 

"Home sweet home." Her mom, Josie, said, smiling over at her youngest daughter, who sat in the passenger seat. 

Looking out at the familiar two story house, Primrose smiles. "Yeah. Thanks for meeting dad and I half way. I know that you're busy with work."

Josie waves her hand dismissively, shaking her head. "No problem, dear. I was more than happy to come and pick my daughter up. And besides, I'm the CEO of my own company," Josie stated, turning off the car.

She glances at Primrose with a grin. "I can do whatever I want." 

A small giggle escaped Primrose's lips and she grinned back at her mom as she got out of the car along with her mom. They got her luggage out from the back and after Josie locked her car they headed inside the house. She smiled as she stepped inside the familiar house, happy to be back home. 

Glancing around with furrowed eyebrows, she notices how quiet it was. "Is Opal at college?" 

Closing the front door behind her, Josie stands beside Primrose. "Yeah, but she said to give me a hug once you were here, so..." She let go of the handle of the suitcase she had and wrapped her arms around Primrose, pulling her into a hug. 

Primrose chuckles lightly, smiling a bit. "Of course she did." She mumbled, wrapping her arms around her mom. 

"Why don't you go unpack and I'll finish with the paper work to transfer you back to John Quincy Adams Middle school?" Josie suggested, pulling away from the hug. 

Nodding, Primrose pulled her suitcase over to her and headed to the stairs and up to where her bedroom was. Once she was in her bedroom, she started unpacking. When she was done she went over to her desk where her laptop was, deciding to facetime Farkle since she hasn't told any of her friends that she was coming back yet to surprise them, but she couldn't wait until the next day. 

She sat at her desk, going on her laptop and onto Skype, requesting to facetime with Farkle. It only took a few seconds for Farkle to answer the call and she noticed that he was sitting on his bed. 

"Hey, Prim. How's things going in Texas? I'm surprised you still remember me." Farkle admitted.

Primrose looks at him with an 'are you serious' expression. "Farkle, you're my best friend, I could never forget about you." She told him, ignoring the way her heart fluttered when he smiled at her. 

"Good. But seriously, how are things going?" Farkle repeated, wanting to know if things were going okay with her in Texas. He narrowed his eyes at the background of her room that was back in New York behind her. 

Then his eyes widens in realization and they twinkle with happiness which made her smile. "You're back in New York? Why didn't you tell anyone? Why didn't you tell me?"

The brunette-haired girl lets out a small laugh at the many questions that were thrown her way. "Yes I'm back for good, and I didn't tell anyone 'cause I wanted to surprise you guys, but you know how impatient I am."

"Yeah, I know." Farkle nods, chuckling lightly at the memory he remembered. "You almost always fall asleep through math lectures."

"Well, can you blame me? Lectures are boring, add math to it, and no one should be surprised if someone doesn't fall asleep through those lectures." Primrose raised her arms dramatically while she defended herself. 

"So, are you coming back to school tomorrow?" Farkle asked, tilting his head to the side. 

Primrose nods with a small smile. "That's the plan." She tilts her head to the side, looking at him curiously. "What all did I miss while I was gone?" 

"Well, you missed a lot." Farkle replied and Primrose stayed silent and just raised an eyebrow, gesturing for him to explain. 

He then explained to her how Riley and Maya got scammed by a salesgirl, they got a new History teacher for awhile, but then the girls ruined that and Mr. Matthews is still their History teacher. He talked about how Riley's and Lucas' relationship was still complicated, and a new student named Zay was transferred to the school.

"Wow, you were right." Primrose said, starting at him with shock. "A lot has happened since I've left and I've only been gone for a few months." Her eyes then widens, remembering the last part he told her. "Zay? As in Zay Babineaux?" 

Farkle nods, furrowing his eyebrows with confusion. "Yeah, why? You know him?"

"He was the only friend I made in Texas." Primrose responds. "Which is why I'm glad I'm back 'cause now I got you guys again." She smiled and Farkle smiled back at her. 

She glances towards her door, faintly hearing her mom call for her, and then looks back at Farkle. "I'll see you tomorrow, my mom needs me." 

"Okay. Bye, Prim." Farkle waved at her. Smiling, she waved back at him and then hung up the call. 

A/N here's the first chapter! I thought that it would be cool if I added the day she got back to new york and a little bit of context between her & farkle so you guys can kind of see how their friendship is. & tbh i'm already in love with them.