Chapter 8 - seven days pt. 2

Otis POV

M - "This is a very long way to get home, no?"
O - "Yes, but my mum drove me and I usually come on bike so it was easier. Sorry."
M - "Oh it's fine."

After around 30 minutes, we got to my house. We hardly talked on the way to my house and Maeve had a very concerned and nervous look on her face but when we got to my house, we went straight to the living room and sat down.

O - "So, what did you want to talk about?"
M - "Oh. That. So, you know how I said that I wanted to date Isaac at the hospital? Well, he basically said that he wanted to date too. But I don't know if I can."
O - "Why not?"
M - "Look. As much as I've moved on, I don't think a part of me will ever stop loving you. But I want to date him. I just don't want to feel bad that I still have feelings for you."
O - "Maeve. I understand what you mean. That's how I felt with Ola. I still liked you but I didn't want to spend my time waiting if I didn't know you'd be the one. We don't fall out of love, we just do what we think is best. If you think the best things to do is date Isaac, then thats what I would want for you to do."
M - "But what if he decides that he doesn't want to date me anymore and it was all a waste of time?"
O - "I'll be here for you. It's part of the risk we take in order to live someone. We risk having our hearts broken."
M - "Thanks a lot, Otis. Anyways, since you said you liked, Ruby. Have you told her yet?"
O - "What? No."
M - "Why not?"
O - "I don't know what to say. She has a lot going on anyways."
M - "Will you ever tell her?"
O - "Maybe."
M - "Otis, if you don't tell her at some point, I will."
O - "I'll do it when she comes back to school.
M - "Good. Well, thanks for the talk. I should get home soon, it's getting dark."
O - "Ok. I'm glad you told me. But before you leave, are you gonna talk to Isaac?"
M - "I guess so."
O - "Ok then, good luck. Bye, Maeve"

With that, she left and I went up to room. But only a few minutes later my mum came home and obviously called me down.

O - "Hi, Mum"
J - "Who was that leaving just now?"
O - "My friend, Maeve."
J - "I thought you said you liked Ruby?"
O - "I do. It wasn't like that, Mum."
J - "So, why was she here then? Homework?"

I thought being open would help so I told her that she wanted to talk about Isaac. I went back up to my room and texted Eric about Maeve. I really wanted to talk to Ruby but felt like she was too busy. Until she texted me.

R - "Hey."
O - "Hi. How's your dad?"
R - "He's fine."
O - "Good."
R - "How are you?"
O - "I'm fine."

I wanted to tell her about Maeve but I really didn't want her to think anything.

O - "So has anything changed with when you're coming back to school?"
R - "No. I miss you, Sex Kid."

I was surprised to hear that.

O - "I miss you, too."

We talked for a bit more and said goodnight.

(Really sorry for not uploading in a while. Been a little distracted lately. Will try to upload more.)