Chapter 11 - Last Call pt. 1

*Fast Forward*

Ruby POV

Over time, you realize when something is important. Sometimes you know instantly and sometimes it takes years. But you can tell. But when you take it for granted, it all comes back. q friends are important, my family is important, Otis is important. But with most important one of those things gone, i don't know what to do

*Rewind*

Otis POV

I really want to ask Ruby to be my girlfriend. But simply put, I don't know how. Being a sex therapist, you'd think i'd know how to do something like this, but i can't. Eric won't know either, my parents are last people i want to tell about my love life, so my only options are to try my best and see if i'm good or to ask Maeve. I know she'll be good at this type of thing but i really don't want the awkwardness. But this is really important for me and I have to make sacrifices for Ruby.

I knew Maeve would help if I asked her but I didn't want her to think about too serious. I waited for the next time i saw her

O - "What's up, Maeve?"

Maeve looked at me in complete shock. I could tell that she knew some ty isn't was up.

O - "What?"
M - "You've literally never said that in your life. What's going on?"
O - "Nothing. Fine. I need your help with Ruby."
M - "Explain."
O - "You remember how i said that me and Ruby were "Best Friends With Benefits"?"
M - "Yeah?"
O - "I've realized that I'd rather be in a real relationship. But I don't know how to go about asking her."
M - "Just be honest. Tell her everything you feel for her. Say how much you care, how much you would do for her, how much you like her in general. Just don't leave anything out. Just express all of it.
O - "And if she says no?"
M - "I know this is gonna sound weird. Do you believe in fate?"
O - "Well yeah but it changes with each decision you make. It's like the butterfly effect. One thing can change something in 100 years. It sounds kind of dumb but I'd like to think it's true."
M - "Anyways, if she says no, it wasn't supposed to happen. Ok, I've gotta go but good luck."

I walked away happily. I knew that even if things didn't go well, I'd still have Maeve, Eric, My mum. I'd be okay but i'd be better with Ruby.

Ruby POV

I feel bad for Otis. I know how much he likes me. And I like him too. But I'm not ready to be in a relationship. I want to be with him. And never leave his side. But neither of us are ready. That's why what we have now is perfect. We still see each other a lot, we have sex sometimes, we basically do everything couples do without labeling it and making ourselves exclusive. Of course i'd still be jealous if Otis was to have sex with another girl but I can't control him. But sometimes I can't control myself either. If I want to have sex with somebody else, I can. And that happens sometimes. It's usually meaningless but sometimes with certain people, it's not about the sex. it's about the presence. It's really cool to have someone you can talk to without the awkwardness of having sex ten minutes ago. That's exactly how I feel with Otis. But there's somebody else. We both haven't told anybody. I don't think I can let go of them or Otis. But eventually I'll have to.

It's been a few days. I don't know what to do. I can't talk to Anwar or Olivia. Actually, I might be able to. I just don't have to be specific with who I'm talking about.

R - "Liv?"
Olivia - "Yeah?"
R - "If you liked two people at once, what would you do?"
O - "Well, it depends. Who clearly cares about you more? Who understands you more?"
R - "What if I would rather keep doing what I'm doing now?"
O - "Having sex with more than one person consistently? That would be stupid. I don't know why you can't just pick one."
R - "Because I take time before I commit to something I'm not ready for."
O - "Obviously but do they both show you the same amount of love? Let me guess. One of them is a sweet, shy, relaxed guy and the other is hot, confident, perfect guy. The sweet boy is more understanding and caring and the hot boy is more popular and is better sexually."
R - "It's not that simple."
O - "Yes it is. I love being popular. I love when a guy make me feel good. But if a guy actually cares about you, those things don't matter."
R - "I guess you're right. But it's really difficult. Part of me still thinks the sweet boy isn't over somebody and I don't want to be involved with that."
O - "Then talk to him."
R - "Okay, thanks. I'll try."

Hi guys! I'll have the next chapter out soon. I've actually been starting to write recently and it is actually really fun. See you soon! Also anybody know who Ruby's secret guy is? I hope I didn't say it in this chapter but after reading, i think i'm fine. Let me know!