Chapter 5 - Really Tried

By now I felt really bad for Otis. He really loves Maeve but she just isn't a nice person. She's always been kind of a bitch. Otis never learned.

When we entered my room, we decided to watch some Netflix. We started watching a movie and about 4 minutes into it, I could see Otis being uncomfortable. He looked uneasy but still sad.

R - "You okay?"
O - "Honestly, no."
R - "Otis. It's fine. I promise. I know how it feels to think that things are bad. But that's life."
O - "Then why do you always look so happy?"
R - "When I put myself out in public, I don't want to look like the depressed girl who has no personality or optimism."
O - "But you do have optimism. You've used it to help me."
R - "That's because I believe in you and I want you to be happy. When you're walking with your head down or you're clearly not happy, I want to help. I can see how fed up you are of Maeve being bitchy to you. Then you don't understand that Maeve doesn't deserve to be with such a good guy like you. You don't deserve to be crying, Otis."
O - "You barely know me. Eric doesn't even hang out with me much anymore since he got with Adam. You are the only person who knows what's going on with me. Why do you care so much?"

I really wanted to tell him I liked him but I didn't know anyway I could. I could just kiss him right now but that would be weird. I could literally just tell him. But I thought of a better way.

R - "The day after your party. Ever since then, whenever I see you I get a feeling in my stomach. It's been messing with my head."
O - "Me too."
R - "Really? Do you get the same feeling with Maeve?"
O - "God. Please stop talking about her. And I don't know. It happened and I couldn't figure out what it was but it was new but so heavy."

Shit. I have to tell him now, don't I?

R - "Otis?"
O - "Yes?"
R - "I think I....

After a few seconds, I couldn't get the words out. So I had to do something to stop me. I grabbed his hands and tried to say it again. But I was interrupted by my phone ringing.

R - "Hello?"
Ruby's mom - "Rubes, your dad isn't breathing properly. Please get here now. They are trying to keep him alive but we don't know if it will work. Please come here.
R - "Fuck! Okay, I'm on my way."

O - "What happened?"
R - "My dad."
O - "Shit."
R - "Can you get me to the hospital?"
O - "Yes. Come on."

We hopped on Otis' bike and rode to the hospital. During the bike ride, I couldn't help but start to cry. I continued to sob into his jacket for a while. I hope he didn't hear me but it was pretty loud.

45 minutes later

We hopped off of the bike and ran towards the hospital doors really fast. I ran towards the room my dad was always in and Otis stayed back to let people know why we were there.

Instantly I ran into the room and...

(lol)