Chapter 4 - mine?

Otis POV

I walked towards Maeve's caravan and the giggles inside became louder. I realized that those giggles were actually coming from the caravan on the other side. The laughter became even louder now. I knew it was wrong but I looked in the window. It was Maeve and the guy from the party. They looked happy. I didn't want to assume anything but they looked like a couple whether they liked it or not. I knew I couldn't do it now. I walked away and thought what I might tell Ruby tomorrow. I didn't want to say I did nothing. But I didn't want to lie.

The Next Day

Ruby POV

Now that Otis and I were almost guaranteed to sit next together, I showed up a bit earlier to class. I sat down before he showed up. He walked in but oddly calm.
I smiled at him but i was returned with nothing. I could tell something was wrong.
He sat down next to me.

R - "What's wrong?"
O - "It didn't work."
R - "What did she say?"
O - "Nothing. I went to the caravan park but she was in a different caravan with the guy from the party. I didn't want to ruin anything."
R - "Sorry."
O - "I just don't know what to do."

I thought about ways to help but I found one that was definitely the best

R - "How about we hang out again? To take your mind off of it."
O - "That's actually sounds great. This time, you choose where we go."
R - "Okay. After school?"
O - "Yeah."

Shit. I don't know where to take him. I have to ask Olivia.

R - "Be right back."
O - "Ok."
R - "Mr. Hendricks, can I go to the washroom?"
Mr. Hendricks - "Yes, of course."

I walked out of class and texted Olivia to meet me. She walked in 5 minutes later.

O - "What's going on?"
R - "What's a good place to go with someone?"
O - "With who?"
R - "Otis."
O - "Sex kid? Why?
R - "He's a really nice guy."
O - "Oh. Is there some special place that you've been together?"
R - "We went there last time."
O - "Where does he like going?"
R - "God, I don't know."
O - "Just go to your house then."
R - "But what if my mum interrupts us?"
O - "Are you planning on having sex?"
R - "No! But what if she questions it?"
O - "Just tell her to not be there."
R - "That's not actually that bad. I could tell her to go see my father."
O - "What's wrong with your dad?"

Damn it.

R - "Nothing. Just hurt himself at work."
O - "Okay. I've got to get back to class. Good luck later."

I smiled at her as she walked out. Guess he's coming to my house. As I walked to class, all possible situations came to mind. Weirdly, I actually didn't want to have sex with Otis. I was attracted to him but I just really enjoy talking to him. I sat next to him again.

R - "Do you want to come to my house?"
O - "As long as you're okay with it."
R - "Great."

30 minutes later

Otis POV

The bell rang. We walked out together but in the hallways we passed Maeve and Aimee. All four of us stood still as if the world stopped spinning. But luckily Eric saved me.

Eric - "Otis! Do you want to hang out later?"
O - "Sorry, man. I've got plans with Ruby."
Maeve and Eric - "You do?"
R - "Yes. What's so surprising?"
Maeve rolls her eyes at that comment.
Aimee - "Be careful, Otis. Trust me.
O - "We've got to go."

We walked away from the girls and Eric. I could over hear them talking still.

M - "What's that, Eric?"
E - "I don't know. I knew about the party but I didn't know that they were friends now."
A - "More than friends."
M - "Shut up, Aimee. Eric, can you try to find out if they like each other?"
E - "Yeah."
M - "Thanks."

Ruby POV

Why does she care? She has the guy from the party. Now, Eric is gonna investigate us. At least nobody will see us today. But I haven't thought of what to do with him. Like always he gave me his helmet.

O - "You're going to have to direct me."
R - "Yeah, I know."
O - "You ready?"
R - "Yes."

20 minutes later

Otis POV

O - "Wow."
R - "Let me guess. You think it's big?"
O - "Yes, but it's so beautiful."
R - "Let's go in then."