Chapter 13 - Last Call Pt. 3

Read the other two again before this one plsz and yes this should be the last part of Last Call. Also, this chapter kind of ruins a character.

Otis POV

The only way to stop what's happening in my head, is to confront it. I'm going to Ruby's house to ask her to be my girlfriend. I really feel like we are near a relationship, but if she puts me in the friend zone again, i'm gonna lose patience and stop trying. Even though Ruby and Maeve don't hate each other anymore, she still hate the fact i hang around Maeve. Based on my life experiences and what i know about relationships, if you push for a relationship for too long, they will either waste your time, or will accept you but you would've spent a long time pushing for it. But before i see Ruby, i want to talk to Maeve. I don't know why, but it feel right.

Maeve POV

M - "What are you doing?"
Isaac - "Nothing, just having fun."
M - "What part of this fun?"
I - "Don't be like that."
M- "Like what?"
I - "Like you aren't having fun."
M - "You know what? I think i'm actually gonna go."
I - "No you're not."
M - "Excuse me? Why not?"
I - "Because we haven't even done anything yet."
M - "Okay? Maybe i don't want to."
I - "Why are you being so bitchy?"
M - "I'm not. I'm just not having any fun and i'd rather be at home."
I - "Fine. Go home then."

He waved my own keys in my face. How in the fuck did he get those?

M - "Isaac. Give me my keys."
I - "Or what? Or you're going to hurt a kid in a wheelchair? That wouldn't go well."
M - "Why not?"
I - "Because who will people believe? A kid in a wheelchair, or a bitchy girl?"
M - "Fuck you."
I - "You aren't getting your keys back until i decide you are. If you try, it won't end good for you."
M - "Is that a threat?"
I - "Yes."
M - "I thought we were friends?"
I - "What made you think that?"
M - "All the time we've spent together? All the time we've spent getting to know each other?"
I - "No. Since I don't stay anywhere for more than a year, I like meeting interesting people and making them feel miserable. I want them to know how I feel."
M - "So you use your accident as an excuse to be a horrible person?"

He just laughed. I couldn't have justified hurting him if I tried. I walked out without any place to go. I could have told Cynthia but she wouldn't believe me. So I started to walk. Anywhere. But I saw a familiar face getting closer. Otis. A smile emerged on my face as we got closer.

M - "Hey."
O - "Hi."
M - "What are you doing here?"
O - "I don't know. I just wanted to see you."
M - "So no reason?"
O - "Well. I was on my way to ask Ruby to be my girlfriend and I thought seeing you would help."

I smiled and walked alongside him. I was still sad. I really liked Isaac. But proven that he is a filthy cunt, this was a better alternative.

5 minutes later

Ruby POV

Jackson and I were walking in the same forest that Otis and I first connected. It's hard not to think about that right now. i'm still very confused on what to do. I don't want to have to choose between these two but i might have to. I know Jackson and Otis aren't the best of friends because of Maeve so I doubt choosing would go well for anybody. I really want to trust Otis but it's hard to fall out of love. Even if it's not a crush or anything like that. And with Jackson, things don't feel right. He's definitely better at sex than Otis but he doesn't get me like Otis does.

J - "You okay? You seem kind of frozen."
R - "Oh I'm fine. Just thinking about some things."

Jackson turned and each of his hands grabbed mine.

J - "You can talk to me."
R - "Not about this."
J - "That's fine. I just wanted you to know that."

I gave him a little smile as a thank you. We kept walking but it still felt wrong. I was completely silent on the walk.

Otis POV

Me and Maeve just kept walking. We even got to the forest.

O - "This is where Ruby and I went when we got the morning after pill. It was the first time I realized who she actually is."
M - "I'm sorry if i'm making this awkward by the way. I mean you are asking her out right?"
O - "Yeah but it's not awkward. I'm glad you're here."

We smiled at each other until we looked ahead and saw two people getting closer. It was Ruby and Jackson. I was surprised to see them together but it made sense. This was why she's been acting different. She's seeing Jackson. Nonetheless, we kept walking towards each other.

O - "Hey guys."
R - "Hey."
O - "So what were you guys doing?"
J - "We were going to hang out at my house. You?"
O - "Oh. I actually came to see Ruby but I guess she's busy."
R - "Why'd you need to see me?"
O - "I was going to ask you if you.. if you wanted to..."
M - "Jesus. He wanted to ask if you'd be his girlfriend."

Jackson kind of laughed at that

M - "What's so funny?"
J - "I mean that will never work. Me and Ruby are basically already dating."
R - "What? I never said that."
J - "We have plenty of sex, we hang out and text all day. We are practically dating."
R - "I don't think we are. Look. You're great in bed and you're a nice guy but I'm not really interested in you like that."
O - "Why didn't you tell me you were seeing him?"
R - "I can't stop thinking that you're in love with Maeve. I know you say you arent but I can't stop believing otherwise."
O - "But that's where you have to trust me. If you can't trust what I say, what's the point?
M - "Look, Ruby. Otis doesn't have those feelings. Neither do I. But the way you guys see each other is different than anything else. Otis will care for you and make sure you're okay. Jackson will too. But Otis will do things he wouldn't do for anybody else and I can't say Jackson will.
J - "Maeve. This has nothing to do with you. What you say doesn't matter."
O - "Yes it does."
R - "Jackson. I like you. A lot. But she's right. There is so many things that Otis would do that you wouldn't."
J - "How do you know? I've spent weeks, focusing my entire life on trying to make you happy."
R - "Have you though? Because I don't think we've talked about anything important in those weeks."
J - "Because you never want to talk about things."
R - "Maybe. But that's what i'm saying. I'm not worried about telling Otis anything."
J - "How is that my fault?"
R - "It's not. But if i'm scared of telling you things, clearly something isn't working whereas Otis and I don't have that fear.

A brief silence happened for about 25 seconds.

J - "I get it. I'm sorry. It's just... It's been hard for me. Having feelings for someone again. I really wanted to be better for you. It still feels like I'm not good enough."
M - "Jackson. You know us breaking up wasn't your fault right?"
J - "It felt like it. I was always trying to be the best boyfriend and you chose Otis over me, but you didn't even date him. So it just felt like I wasn't good enough."
M - "But you can't control who you're attracted to. It's not that you weren't good enough or worse, but I felt like the connection was better with Otis."
J - "I get that. But I don't think you know what's that was like. Everything was going wrong but you were the good thing I needed. But then we broke up and I felt like everything was worse and I couldn't help but think it was my fault. So, I wanted to be better for Ruby so I didn't feel like that again."
M - "Jackson. Let's go. We can talk about this but for now, let's just leave Otis and Ruby to talk."

They walked off. Ruby walked closer to me.

R - "So, is there something you wanted to ask me?"

We smiled at each other.

O - "Yeah. Ruby, will you please be my girlfriend?"
R - "Of course.

We both leaned in and passionately kissed for a while. We walked back to my house.

So I know I said I would take a break. I don't really know right now. As much as I love this story, sometimes I just don't feel like writing it. I will write it when I feel like, and my other story is coming out eventually. Thanks for being patient with me, and please comment any suggestions for what you want to see in this story!