Chapter 24

Charlottes PoV

I opened my eyes and stretched. I noticed Adam wasn't in bed but I could hear him in the shower.
I went to my wardrobe and pulled out some blue jeans and a grey knitted jumper. I dragged a comb through my hair and threw it into a high ponytail out of the way.
At that point Adam appeared for the bathroom. A towel wrapped loosely around his waist and beads of water running down his abs.
He noticed me watching him and wiggled his eyebrows with a cheeky grin on his face.
I laughed and shook my head as I walked past him to the bathroom.
By the time I was done, Adam was dressed and waiting for me.
Come on, we're going out for breakfast. I grinned and took his hand, following him to his car.

We sat in the empty diner with a pile of pancakes in between us. It was so nice to not have anything to worry about.
He picked up pancake on his fork and brought it to my mouth.
I raised an eyebrow at him.
"I can feed myself you know"
His smile turned into a pout. "I know, but I want to"
I laughed at him and obliged, opening my mouth. He moved the food towards me and just as I was about to close my mouth, he whipped it away and ate it himself.
"Hey!" I glared at him.
He just shrugged his shoulders. "I thought you could feed yourself"
I shook my head laughing and grabbed another fork.

We got back to the pack after breakfast and I could see how happy everyone was. Now this war was over, no one was stressed. Everyone was continuing with their lives.
I grinned as Adam took my hand and led me back to the house. For the first time in a long time, I felt truly happy.
Liam and Lulu walked into the house laughing. I smiled at them as they came to join us on the sofa.
Liam started talking to Adam about pack stuff while Lulu grabbed the remote and started flicking through the channels.
I listened to Liam fill Adam in about their border watch.
"That's great" Adam replied. "We will keep the borders tight for a while, just in case we missed anything"
Liam lower his voice as if we could hear "we still haven't found Roberts body, we don't know where he..."
"What's on Lulu?" Adam interrupted him.
I frowned. Adam was noticeably stiff and uneasy.
"It's ok Adam, he can't hurt us anymore" I said as I stood up.
I took one step towards Adam when the room started to spin. I practically ran to the bathroom and puked my guts up into the toilet.
Adam ran into the room right behind my just in time to see me hurl again.
He sat down behind and gathered my hair out of my face and rubbed my back.
I continued to hang over the toilet for half an hour, every few minutes emptying my stomach.
"Charlotte I think we should go to the doctor" Adams suggested
I shook my head. I didn't feel like going anywhere.
I got up and wobbled to the bedroom and collapsed onto the bed.
"Charlotte.." Adam whined, clearly concerned.
"I'm fine" I managed to whisper.
He sat next to me and reached for my hand. When he touched it he gasped.
"Charlotte your boiling." He pressed his hand to my forehead and his frown grew.
He picked me up and started to carry me to the doctor. I didn't even protest. I was to weak.