Chapter 3

I felt uneasy in my sleep. Jenny was shifting as if she was trying to wake me up. I opened my eyes only to be faced with another pair of glowing red ones.
I jumped up and stood in a defensive was, growling at the other wolf, warning it to back off.
This seemed to just anger it and he lunged towards me. I launched forwards as well, dodging his snapping teeth and clenching mine around his neck to kill him easily. This is why I was going to be my old packs trainer.
I was distracted and didn't realise four other wolves surrounding me. Their growls snapped me out of my thoughts. They were probably mad about their friend.
I may be a good fighter but this was four against one and I had never fought in this form before.
They all lunged at once, nipping my legs and my side. I clawed ones face and clamped my teeth around another's leg making them both howl in pain. One of them grabbed my by the scruff of my neck and threw me into the tree I had slept under. My body was tired enough as it was. I lay on the ground as they stalked towards me. I had given up.

Alpha Adams PoV
I could smell rogues on my territory. There wasn't many so took my beta and one of my best warriors to deal with the problem.
As the smell of garbage got closer it was mixed with an unusual smell of vanilla and pine. That was very unusual for rogues.
When we found them there were four rogues attacking a poor fox. She was clearly no match for this group, though she was putting up a fair fight considering one was dead. As she clawed the face of one of her attackers, another grabbed her neck and threw her into a tree. She slumped on the floor and seemed to accept her fate.
We rushed over and attacked the rogues trespassing on my territory. In just a few seconds all four were dead.
I looked at the poor fox on the floor and my wolf urged me to go and check she was alright.
I shifted back into my human form and gently stroked the top of her head.
Sparks erupted where my skin was in contact with her and I pulled back stunned.
"Mate! Mate! Mate!" My wolf was chanting in my head. This can't be right. Is she really a rare fox shifter.
Her eyes slowly closed as she seemed to be giving up and she began to shift back into her human form. Oddly she still had clothes on. Wolves shred their clothes after shifting but apparently fox shifter don't.
I picked her up in my arms, enjoying the sparks where we touched, and ran to the pack doctor to help my mate.