Chapter 16

Adams PoV
My wolf was howling, begging me to turn back, not to leave our mate with that man.
But we had no choice. If we stayed there I was putting her life and my pack at risk.
We reached the pack house where I shifted and went inside.
I stood in my office, trying desperately to calm my wolf but there was no reasoning with him. Eventually I blocked him out.
I couldn't control the anger inside of me and punched the wall. I left a large hole and my knuckles hurt but I didn't care.
I leaned against the wall breathing heavily. I slid down it until I was sat in a ball on the floor. My eyes filled with tears but I wouldn't let them fall. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and find a way to get her back.

Charlotte's PoV
As soon as my pack were out of sight Alpha Roberts started dragging me towards the pack house.
We reached the front but didn't enter through the large doors. Instead he continued dragging me around to the back of the house.
I knew my way around this place after living here most of my life but I'd never been back here.
He opened a little door which revealed a dark narrow staircase. It must be the prison.
I expected him to take me down here and put me in a cell or something but instead he gave me a huge push and slammed the door shut.
I bounced of every step and landed in a crumpled mess at the bottom.
I groaned and sat up, thankful for my quicker healing. If I wasn't a shifter, that would surely have broken some bones.
For the first time I took in my surroundings. I was in a dark room with a dim light in the centre. It smelled like death which knocked me sick. There was an old blanket it one corner, probably my bed, and a chair with some chains attached. I was terrified.

After about an hour the door creaked open and Alpha Roberts began making his was down the stairs. I pushed myself to the back wall in a pitiful attempt to hide.
What are you doing, you can take him Jenny screamed.
I growled at myself for being so scared and rushed towards him. Immediately 3 more huge men rushed down the stairs. I brought my fist up and punched him in the face making him stumble backwards but before I could do anything else the men tackled me. I fought  against them but eventually they got me in the chair and attached the chains.
"No one is to let her off that chair" alpha Roberts commanded. Fear was evident in his voice and I just grinned.
Another woman entered the room who I recognised as the pack doctor. She wouldn't make eye contact with me. Instead she simply pulled out a large syringe and injected me with something.
I growled furiously but I was held down by the chains. Once she was done she packed up and left again.
Alpha Roberts laughed. "I want to see how much wolfsbane you can actually handle. Every hour you will receive a concentrated dose until we see some sort of effect."
I growled again, not feeling the wolfsbane at all but they ignored me and left.
Once again I was alone in this disgusting room, tied to a chair.