// twelve //

•Burn The House Down•

••••••

••••••

F R E D E R I C K  W A S  G O N E. Laila didn't mind it, however, enjoying her freedom far more after their last conversation which happened a week ago. Laila was still hurt by his words, far angrier he wouldn't even apologize, but if he was as wasted as he seemed, there was a good chance Frederick didn't remember what he had told her. Laila couldn't really blame his stalling to apologize then.

Laila tried not to think about her dad much, not think about Guzman as well who had thrown her into space again, all of his propositions messing with her head. Laila hoped that during Samuel's party she'd finally have a good time. At least that's what Carlos had promised her.

Laila entered her bedroom, not knowing what she would wear to a party. To ask Nadia would be weird, because Nadia wasn't the most fashionable girl in school, not that Laila thought it was bad or that she herself was very stylish. For some reason, however, Laila wanted to impress people, she wanted to look like she was enjoying life.

It was kind of stupid of her, but Laila wanted to be just a simple teenager for one night. Without people to make fun of her or see her for someone she wasn't. Laila stood in front of her wardrobe, flipping through her clothes before noticing a simple dark olive green dress, which went just a bit below her thighs and hugged her body. Laila had no idea why she bought such a tight dress but it seemed like a good idea then. If Frederick would've been home he would've forbidden Laila to wear such a short dress but he wasn't and not that he cared.

Laila took it out and decided it would do. After all, if she'd dance, which she hoped to do, she'd need something light. Laila took a shower, dried her curly hair and styled them. She did her make-up while listening to some rock music in the background.

For the first time in ages, Laila was going out on a Friday night and it was exciting. The girl had spent 16 years being by herself, but this would change tonight. She'd have Carlos and Nadia by her side, no Guzman or Lucrecia present. A fantastic night.

Laila finally got dressed. She put on a black leather jacket and matched it with black leathered ankle boots, looking beautiful. If Guzman would see her Laila knew he'd have to think twice about approaching her. Such thought made Laila smirk when suddenly someone knocked on the door.

Laila looked at her phone's screen to see that they had to leave already. "Crap," Laila mused then collected herself, brushing dust off of her dress. She rushed towards the door, wondering whether she was supposed to leave a note to Frederick that she was out but knowing her dad he'd come home drunk and wouldn't bother to look at Laila's bedroom. Not that he deserved to know where she was.

Laila opened the door quickly, her curls moving from the gust of wind as she met Carlos behind the threshold, looking dapper and handsome that evening. "Wow," he mused in surprise, noticing Laila in a short dress, in which Laila looked quite uncomfortable but tried to be confident.