// seven //

•Passive Aggressive•

••••••

••••••

M A R I N A W A S D E A D. Laila felt like it was still hard for her to grasp the concept of people dying, even if she had seen too much of it. What was worse was that Marina was killed and even if Laila was never close with the redhead she felt terrible for her brother.

Even after a few months of change between her and the certain blond, there was still a wide gap between them. Nevertheless, Laila felt like nobody deserved to go through pain of losing someone close. At least, she thought, Guzman would finally understand what it felt like. What she felt when she lost her mother.

Laila continued to sit in the interrogation room, feeling exhausted from the continuous hours of questions, some of them being a little too personal for her liking. However, from the woman's look Laila knew they haven't even scratched a surface. "May I ask you what you're thinking about?" the detective questioned curiously, causing Laila to glance up at her calmly.

Laila wanted to be snappy, she wanted to sass the detective even if the woman didn't deserve it. She just felt too tired and quite guilty everything turned out like that. If not her invisible hold of the blond that she hated, Marina maybe could've been still alive.

Trying not to blame anyone for her own actions, Laila finally opened her mouth. "About Marina's death," she answered with a nod, not avoiding her eyes. "Isn't that why we're here?"

"Laila," her aunt mused, trying to dim the annoyance in the young girl, but Jada had to understand this was her coping mechanism. Sarcasm was a powerful weapon to Laila and she felt like it was the last thing she had.

The redhead detective smiled, shaking her head at Jada, saying that she had it before meeting Laila's brown eyes. "I know it's hard. It must be harder having to talk about everything so soon after the tragedy," she sympathized causing Laila to only nod curtly, her eyes going down for a second. "Hurting someone is my last priority but I must find something that would give me a clue of who'd be able to do something like this."

Laila exhaled deeply, preparing herself for more uncomfortable questions before nodding once again, this time way braver. "I know you were bullied in school, especially by Guzman and Lucrecia," the woman began again so Laila frowned, thinking she had to realize the conversation would eventually lead to Guzman. "And yet a few people said you two worked together on a project a few months ago..."

The woman paused as if fishing for any suspicious expression on Laila, but the girl didn't even blink, thinking about something deeply. "By your command," she added as Jada glanced at Laila in confusion, the relationship between her niece and the Nunier still a mystery to her aunt. "Do you know Guzman well?"