S I X

My maids got me a bath ready, filled with rose petals by the warm fire, even though it was a warmer evening than usual. They loosely plaited back my hair for me, brushing it out for a while, and knew in the morning it would be wavy.

I thanked them as they left the room, as I got changed into shorter night dress, that clung to my breasts as I went outside on the balcony.

The knock on my door made me turn my head, as I went over and picked up my red silk night coat, pulling it to cover my breasts that were more exposed than usual.

One of the guards were standing in my foyer, and bowed his head at me, "Your Highness, Prince Jungkook has asked if he could see you"

I rose an eyebrow, that was bold.

I nodded my head, and kept my bedroom door open, as I went back to the balcony. I felt slightly exposed, with my knee length night dress, but the trail of my house coat covered the back of my legs.

"I'm sorry that it's late, Alessia. I'll go if you want, you don't have to be polite" I heard his voice.

"It's ok, I wasn't asleep. I had a bath, and have just been watching the world go by" I said quietly.

I saw him in the corner of my eye, get close to the edge of the balcony where I was standing, and saw him do a double take, looking at me.

"Red suits you well" he breathed out.

I smiled, and looked at him. His cheeks were a little flushed, from the wine. But his eyes were so kind and warm.

"What are your plans tomorrow?" I asked.

He looked thoughtful for a second, "I might take your Father up on the offer of going to the training grounds. And I have dinner with you tomorrow"

I rose an eyebrow, that meant I had lunch with Tae.

"I'll be sure to tell Jimin. He spends a lot of time there as well, training the new recruits when I don't need him" I replied.

JK gave me a small smile, "will you come down with me?"

I pursed my lips, "sure. I haven't been down there in a while. Do you think Tae would like to come also?"

"I know Tae might not seem like the type, but he is a very good fighter also. I haven't spared with him in a very long time, so that would be interesting to see how it plays out" he said thoughtfully.

"We can go in the morning, before lunch. And then I have my normal duties to attend to in the afternoon" I replied.

JK looked over to me, his eyes glancing down to my exposed collar bones as my house coat slipped away slightly. I didn't want to pull it back up, because it would have only let him know that I caught him looking. Not that it bothered me anyway, I was quite comfortable in my skin.

"Are you involved in the high court?" He wondered.

I shrugged one shoulder, "some. It's mostly training still, there is a lot to learn. Did you get taught a lot in your country?"

JK nodded, "I did. But it was mainly for military reasons... if I chose to stay I would most likely got a place in the high court there"

I glanced at his expression, wondering what I was seeing there, "you don't seem ready to leave your country"

JK gave me a sad smile, "that's my own burden. I knew when the invitation was sent, that there was a possibility that I might not even return to Egestas. But that's something I have to come to terms with, because when it comes down to it, you will be my Queen, not just another royal from a different country. This will become my country also, but not in the power sense, but my home"