T W E N T Y - O N E

"Send a messenger for me, if you need me" I breathed out to everyone, before I grabbed at Jimin's arm which he offered for me.

I cursed in my head as we were walking back to my chambers, even though I didn't want to go there.

"This is fucking bullshit, you know" I said quietly.

"You always sound so strange when you curse. And I know, what do you want to do?" Jimin asked.

"You go and do your duties for the guard. I'll be fine" I said quietly.

Jimin paused, "Lis, I can't just leave you roaming around the place on your own"

I nodded, "yes you can. I will either be with Tae or JK. I need to speak with both of them. And this is my Palace, my home, Jimin. Nothing is going to hurt me here, there are guards at every corner"

Jimin sighed, "stay away from anyone that isn't a guard, or a trusted member alright?"

I smiled at him gently.

As we broke apart, I realised I had no idea onto where either one of them would be. It always seemed they would find me, not the other way around.

But I followed my instincts as I went towards the Gardens, just hoping to find either Tae or JK. But on my walk towards the Gardens, I saw on the dip down towards the cliff edge, a wavy black haired man. My stomach done a familiar flip, but then I remembered the conversation we were right in the middle of, before everything happened.

I went to the break in the walls, going down the steps, to go towards him.

He turned his head once he saw me moving in the corner of his eye. His expression quickly turned to sadness, as he stood up and quickly came up to me, and pulled me into his chest.

I had to swallow my tears away, I couldn't cry anymore today.

We held each other for a short while.

Tae took a deep breath as he pulled as apart.

"Do you remember what I was talking to you about?" He muttered.

I nodded, "it seemed pretty big"

Tae tightened his full lips into a straight line, before doing another sigh. I burrowed my eyebrows together, as I waited for him to begin speaking.

"The letter," he began, closing his eyes briefly, before looking right at me. His whole expression seemed like he was hurting, he couldn't hide the emotion at all, "was from Jesida"

I almost recoiled my head back, what on earth would she have said to make Tae act this way?

"She's with child" he breathed out quietly.

I felt my already broken heart sink even further down my chest. It felt like it was struggling to stay together from all of this pain I felt. The breath in my lungs poured out in a heavy sigh.

My country came into my mind instantly. I couldn't risk the fact I if married Tae, the child of his that wasn't even my own, could challenge him one day, in turn challenging me, and my throne could be lost.

And I knew Tae would know I thought that.

We were quiet as we looked at one another, for a handful of seconds.

"I can't" I shook my head, barely audible.

Tae smiled gently, "I know you can't. And I knew what the risk I was taking, from being intimate with her was. But I loved her. I didn't even know of you then" he breathed out.

I slowly bit at my bottom lip.

"Do you still love her?" I asked, not even sure why.

He struggled to think of the words, as he glanced away from me, "I do. But I think you were taking over that spot in my heart"

The loud sound of a bell, made me snap my head to the right, seeing the largest and tallest bell in the Palace, ring. The low and slow sound echoed around the Kingdom. We were both quiet as ten of them were made.

I closed my eyes, and then felt Tae reach over and cup at my cheek.

"I know it's not fair asking you, but would of you chosen me? I know you would of made the decision today, you are already shifting into the role as Queen, making the harder decisions easier to make, without realising" he said, smiling gently at me as he put his hand back down by his side.

I took a long breath in, "honestly, it was already playing on my mind that you had something to tell me, so I think in my heart, I had already chosen JK. I knew what you were going to tell me was going to take away our chance together"

Tae cleared his throat as he looked down at the floor.

I took a step towards him, and put my hand on his wide neck, as he looked up at me slightly, with his large eyes, and parted lips.

We both leant into one another at the same time, our lips light against one another's, as he pushed slightly harder, before we parted and put his arms around my neck.

We knew this would be the last time either one of us would be able to freely touch each other like this. The moment I walked away from him, I knew my whole mind set would shift onto JK. It had to, because in this moment, I knew JK was further into my heart that I realised.

Tae could feel me slipping away slowly, as I knew my time was up.

"I'll always care for you" I said quietly, smiling at him as we pulled apart.

Tae gave me a small boxy smile, "you'll always be the one that got away"

That tugged at my heart strings, as we let go of each other's hands. I turned and began walking away. Trying my hardest to not look behind me, as my eyes were stinging slightly.

I went straight to the training grounds, thinking he would be here. All of the commanders quickly bowed, seeing me approaching.

Namjoon looked over to me, "Where is Jimin?"

"I'm fine," I muttered, knowing that he would say that, "have you seen Jungkook?"

Then Namjoon pursed his lips, in trying to hide his smile, "he actually only left a minute ago, my guess is to find you, as he seemed quite distant for a short while"

The corner of my lips tugged into a small smile, as he bowed his head slightly before I turned around to walk back to the Palace. I knew the place he might of thought to go first is either the small seating area by the edge of the walls of the Gardens, or to my chambers.

I chose to go to my chambers.

As soon as I turned the corner, going through the courtyard of our residential part of the Palace I saw JK turning away from my guards who were standing by my chamber doors.

Once he saw me, his broad shoulders relaxed down, as a little smile formed along his perfect lips.

We walked towards one another, and I didn't pause in my action in leaning up, putting my hand on is collar bone, as he leaned in at the same time, matching my action in kissing him. His hands went down my shoulders, to wrap around my waist.

He was smiling as we pulled apart, "are you ok? Have you drank?"

And then, I smiled genuinely for the first time since yesterday evening.

"What do you think about having me as a wife?" I asked quickly.

JK paused, eyebrows raising as he made a surprised sound. Then quickly his expression changed, as he grabbed my hands, and pulled me to start jogging along with him, I had to pull up the longer part of my silky dark red dress.

-♕-

What did you think of this chapter?!
Hoping you are happy with the choice Alessia made!