E I G H T

As I went and answered the knock on my chamber doors, I smoothed down my golden hair, and gave Tae a smile as I saw him standing in the corridor.

He offered his arm to me as I took the few steps towards him, and I gladly accepted it.

"Do you know where we are going?" I asked.

"Yes, I requested to where the lunch would be" I heard the smile in has voice as I looked up to his strong profile.

I rose an eyebrow. And as we walked, I smiled at the bowing Lords around the Palace, as did Tae. We were quiet, since there was many people around us before we got the edge of the Gardens, where I normally came to sit and look out at the view in front of the Palace. There was two guards standing at the bottom of the small walkway, which moved out of the way to let us pass.

"Thought you might want a view, with your lunch. The kitchen staff told me you aren't a big lunch eater, so I hope I didn't ask them to make to much" he breathed out as we got closer.

I saw the little table, with flowers on it from the Garden in a vase, along with lemon water and a mixture of a few plates with various foods on it. I couldn't but help my big smile, as Tae pulled back my chair for me to sit down.

He was giving me that smile that made my chest warm, as he sat down opposite me.

"This is great" I smiled.

I could see him relaxing slightly with his shoulders.

We talked while we ate for quite a while, and I had finished eating, starting to feel full.

"Where did you learn your swords skill then?" I asked.

Tae gave me a small smile, "it's expected of a Prince to be skilful with a sword. My Father pushed it early on, both with me and Jin. It wasn't long until I was beating Jin in matches, much to his annoyance"

I chuckled lightly, "your brother sounds like great fun"

Tae breathed out a smile, "he is. He is my best friend. I'm sure you will meet him in the anniversary for your Father's reign in a few weeks"

I had completely forgotten about that. With everything going on, I had put that to the back of my mind, because I knew it would just another party. But I knew this time, rather than shying away from inviting other monarchy's, my Father had decided to invite the top ranks of the world, including Tae and JK's family.

"That almost slipped my mind. It's mad to think that it's only been ten years. Feels like so much longer" I breathed out.

"Were you close with your Grandfather?" Tae asked.

I shrugged my shoulder slightly, "he was a very tough man. All about protecting and getting our country on the map, which really, I am grateful for. But it was so much stress for him, he suffered a seizure, which ultimately, killed him. He wasn't the same at all, and had lost the use of of the left hand side of his body... there was talk of him passing the crown to my Father while being alive, but he died shortly after that conversation"

Tae was listening so intensely onto what I was saying, I could tell by his expression. He looked quite sad at the end, and pouted his lips.

"What about your Father? You don't have to tell me" I quietly said.

Tae shook his head, "he passed away five years ago. Jin was only twenty-four when he was crowned, and wasn't ready for it but he had no choice. He went to the country Kendin, it's a very cold place, and caught a disease there... he died on the ship on the way back home, to get treated by our Doctors"

My eyes softened, "I'm sorry"

Tae took a deep breath, looking out towards the ocean beside us, "it's alright, we came to terms with it a while ago. We had no choice"