T W E N T Y - F I V E

I glanced in the mirror, seeing the bedroom door open, and Jimin gave me a small smile as I looked at my reflection. I rose my eyes rows in a greeting to him, before he looked over to the balcony, and saw JK leaning over the side, looking at the view in front of him.

At almost like he could feel Jimin looking at him, JK turned and gave Jimin a nod of his head with a smile.

"You ready for today?" Jimin asked him as JK walked back into the room.

The maids excused themselves, since I was ready.

"I'm excited to see if any of the high lords sons have any talent" JK breathed out.

Today, was the tournament for the two spaces on the royal guard. Jimin knew it was about time to let the high lords sons have their turn to see if they had what it takes, rather than some men from the military.

And truthfully, it was nice to have something that gave people something to look forward to, since tomorrow was my Fathers funeral.

The pang in my stomach made me sigh.

I had hold of JK's arm as we walked down to the training grounds. There was quite a crowd here, the high lords had accompanied their sons. There was also the crowd of military men that were also trying out for the spots.

They were all going to spar against Jimin, and Fredrick.

JK leant over to me as we were sat down, waiting for the men to finish giving their names to Namjoon, so he could call up the next opponents.

"Do you think it's wise for a future King to spar against the men that will be on his guard?" He said quietly.

I rose an eyebrow, turning my head to look at him, he was quite close to me.

"You can do what you want, Kookie" I breathed out, knowing full well he would be able to hold his own, and I didn't see the harm in it at all. His skills had been largely talked about by now.

I saw the shift in the mood amongst the young lords, seeing JK go over and pat Fredrick on the shoulder, who quickly nodded, and went and stood with our other three guards behind me. Jimin talked quietly with JK, for a few minutes until Namjoon came walking over.

Jimin was going first, against the military men.

And around half an hour later, he needed a break, after not even one of the men had managed to catch my attention, as Jimin was going incredibly hard against each one of them.

He came over, taking the drink from the staff, looking between JK and I.

I nodded to the chair, so he knew to sit and take a breather.

"You certainly are testing them" JK breathed out.

Jimin nodded, "it's the royal guard, they have to have more than just skill, it has to be talent involved"

I smiled, knowing how serious he was taking this.

"There are a few of them left from the military, shall I take over?" JK asked.

"If you would want to, Jungkook" Jimin said, wiping his brow with a cloth.

JK gave us both a bright smile, before leaning down to me quickly and pressing his lips against my forehead. He quickly stripped off his long coat, exposing his sleeveless biceps, that I had to purse my lips in seeing.

Fredrick passed him his sword, and Namjoon caught onto what was happening, and called out for the next member.

Yoongi appeared to my left, giving us all a smile.