T H I R T Y

FIVE YEARS LATER

I smiled down at the tiny two month old baby in my arm, and drifted my fingertips over her soft wisps of golden hair, that just covered her scalp.

And then, I turned my head slightly as I heard the laughter of two little boys, running straight towards me as I was sat in the Gardens, by the water fountain.

"Hello darlings" I smiled, looking at my sons.

"Mummy, I beat Evandro" my eldest said, grinning up at me as he rested his hands on my knees.

"I saw" I said as I reached up, and pushed back his black hair, that was falling in front of his large brown eyes.

I heard the whine of Evandro, clearly upset that his older brother had won the race, and then I saw JK jog into the clearing, grinning at me as he scooped our two year old into his arms, resting him on his hip.

Evandro tucked his head into JK's neck, as JK put his hand on his back, patting his small torso.

"I think somebody is due for a nap, don't you little man?" JK breathed out.

"No!" Evandro cried out.

JK and I scoffed, before he walked over and sat beside me. He leant down and placed a kiss on my temple, as he looked down at our daughter, who was still peacefully sleeping away. She was very much used to the loud sounds of her older brothers.

"Loralai" Leander said, looking down at his youngest sibling, he was copying the tone of voice that I used to speak to her.

He was a very patient older brother, being only four years old himself, but he was a great help.

I looked up at JK, who was smiling at Leander, before looking over at me with soft eyes.

"I have some news" he breathed out.

I rose an eyebrow, "do share"

He grinned at me, that wrinkle nosed smile that made my heart skip a beat all these years later.

"Tae's wife has had the baby" he said quickly.

"Really? Isn't she early? Didn't think she was due for a few weeks yet" I asked.

JK nodded, "the baby is fine though. A baby girl, no name yet"

"Oh a girl? They have one of each, I bet Tae's happy" I smiled.

JK nodded, "I hope Loralai and their daughter will be close friends, just like Leander and Evandro are with Castor"

I smiled, "I'm sure they will be"

"We must go and visit them the next time we go to Egestas" JK breathed out.

"Definitely, it's been a few months hasn't it" I added.

We hadn't been to Egestas for around two months, because I was heavily pregnant with Loralai, and we didn't want to risk going into labour while travelling on the ship. Thankfully, every birth I had with each of our children, had gone by very smoothly, and they were all very healthy children.

"Have you heard from Jin recently?" I asked.

JK shook his head, "not for a few weeks"

I knew JK wanted to propose something to him. King Jin and Queen Anastasia, had a daughter that was a very difficult pregnancy and birth, Anastasia, was bed bound for the whole of her pregnancy, but I knew it was worth it for them, since they got a healthy baby at the end of it.

We wanted to unite our Kingdoms together, with seeing if they wanted to have our children promised to one another. Their two year old daughter, Maia, and our two year old, Evandro.