8. So There's This Party

I had quite literally just walked through the door of my apartment when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I let out a sigh and closed the door behind me before letting October leap out of my arms. She immediately found her place on the windowsill, and I smiled, pulling out my phone. My smile dropped when I saw who the text was from.

From: Cal-Pal

So there's this party tonight.....

I groaned and let the phone drop to my bed. It was already eight at night, and I was dead tired. We'd had a bunch of rescue dogs come in today, and of course all of them needed some type of procedure or another. And not all of them had been very friendly. Add that to the fact that I was trying to come up with a good idea for the next few camps, and one could say my day was a tad stressful.

I didn't want to go party. Especially with Calum. Because partying with Calum meant partying with Luke. Besides, only three days ago, he seemed almost angry at me. Why the sudden change of heart? My phone buzzed again.

From: Ash Tree

Don't ignore us. We'll find out where you live and drag you to this party.

I seriously needed to change their names in my phone. Ash Tree? I hadn't changed that since he put the contact in himself. Once again, my phone buzzed. I huffed and flopped onto my bed before opening up the new message.

From: Ash Tree

Katie's coming. Just sayin'

"What?" I spoke out loud this time, and October seemed to think that was an invitation to hobble on over and get up in my face. How the hell did they contact Katie? And why would she even go? That was a dumb question; she would go because they were her favorite band. She hadn't spent a year with them in secondary school.

She hadn't dated Luke.

And it was that thought right there that made me want to go. His words from a few days ago rang through my head over and over as I pushed myself off the bed and trudged over to the bathroom. You left, and that was supposed to be that.

Fuck you, Luke. I smiled at the thought. Katie was right, the spat between us was at once my fault and Luke's fault. But it had happened, and technically was still happening. Why not show him what he was missing out on? I dashed back into the bedroom, passing a startled October, and grabbed my phone.

To: Ash Tree, Cal-Pal

Ugh fine. But only because you begged.

--------

By the time I got to the club, it was nearing eleven at night. But it had been worth it. I smirked, thinking about what Luke's reaction to my outfit would be.

It wasn't that bad of an outfit. I'd paired the one pencil skirt I owned with a sheer two-tone gray top (and cami because nobody needs to see my bra). I had to borrow the black boots from Georgia. She had taken one look at my outfit and told me that whoever I was mad at was sure to be jealous tonight.

Good.

"Took you long enough, Daeyna! And damn, look at those legs!" Katie greeted me, leaning forward to give me a hug. I laughed, pointing to the drink in her hand.

"Number two, I take it?" I asked. She laughed, shaking her head.

"Four, actually. It takes a lot to get me drunk. Though your boys are sure trying." She gestured to an area behind her. I glanced up, finding that I couldn't quite see the tables in the back due to the amount of people on the dance floor. "Come on, let's go say hi!" She added, grabbing my wrist and tugging me through the crowd.