24. Surprise!

There were so many people at this year's music festival that it was actually hard to walk at some points in time. In order to not get separated, our group took to keeping some sort of contact with the person in front of them. Ashton was in the lead, Michael holding onto his shirt. Then it was Taryn and her girlfriend, each holding the hand of the person in front of them. After them was Cal, who was grabbing the backpack Taryn's girlfriend, Nina, was toting around. After Cal was his date, a very petite girl by the name of Judy. She was clutching his hand, her expression one of intense concentration. I was behind her, holding her other hand. Even the hand in my grasp was tight. I wondered if she had an issue with crowds. I wouldn't blame her. It was actually a bit frightening. Behind me was Luke, who was holding my other hand. After him was Megan, then her fiance.

For the most part, our train of people wasn't bothered by anyone. Every once in a while, we'd have to pause while a fan talked to one or more of the boys, but it wasn't bad by any means.

When we finally made it to a performance that Ashton deemed "acceptable", our train was able to condense a bit and become a blob. Currently, I was smushed between Ashton and Michael. Luke was behind me, his arm wrapped around my waist. I knew it was him being protective, but I seriously doubted and guy would try to make a move when I was triangled in by three tall celebrities. Not unless they wanted a bone to be broken at least.

The band we were listening to was good. There were five of them on the stage. Two boys and three girls. I elbowed Ashton in the side, smirking. When he turned to look at me, I pointed at the female drummer.

"I think I found your soulmate!" I teased, letting out a laugh when he gave me an incredulous look.

"I told you forever ago that I want to be able to teach my girlfriend how to play the drums!" He shouted back. "It's no fun if she already knows how!" He countered.

"Maybe she can teach you. I thought you liked a girl in control." I laughed, my head dropping back to rest on Luke's chest. Instead of looking forward again, though, I tilted my head to the side slightly and looked up at Luke. He wasn't looking at me, but I knew he had been only moments earlier because he was holding back a smile. I grinned.

"You know you want to laugh." I goaded, reaching up to poke at his cheek. Luke's smile got bigger, but he still avoided looking at me. "Laugh." I ordered, drawing out the word as I said it. Finally, Luke looked down at me, lifting an eyebrow. 

"You're not going to win this one, Dae." He gloated. I pouted, looking forward once more. I felt Luke lean froward before he spoke again, this time right next to my ear. "I'm hungry."

To be honest, I was expecting some sort of snarky comment related to winning or even something about girls in control. But the words that came from his mouth were so typically Luke that I burst into laughter as soon as I processed them.

"Well, then lead the way, hungry." I teased, squeezing my way out from between Michael and Ashton. Luke nodded, smiling, and after telling the rest of the group where we were headed, the two of us began pushing through the crowd in search of some food.

It didn't take long for Luke to sniff out a pizza kiosk. There was a small strip of vendors nearby, and after buying one slice of pizza each as well as a bottle of water to share, I forced Luke to walk with me to look at the items for sale.

There were all sorts of things for sale at the little kiosks. Not as many people were around them, probably due to the fact that most of them were here to listen to music, not purchase hand-made crafts. This wasn't a craft show, after all. I didn't realize I'd moved on and left Luke behind until I turned around to show him a cute little figure made out of a ball of string and found that he wasn't behind me. Frowning, I turned to look back down the row of vendors to see if he was still at one of them. He wasn't. Not that I could see, at least.