25. Sorta?!

"After that, we sorta kissed." I admitted, looking at the computer screen in front of me. It was almost midnight here, which meant about nine in the morning for my friends, but Wyatt and Kendra were both on their computers talking to me.

"Sorta kissed? You don't sorta kiss someone, Dae-bird. You do or you don't." Wyatt complained, giving me an unimpressed look.

"Yeah, exactly! But oh my gosh, I'm so happy that you did! I can't wait-" Kendra cut in, grinning as she spoke.

"Wait, hold on!" I interrupted my blond friend, holding up a hand. "I wasn't done with my story." Kendra leaned back, lifting an eyebrow. I could imagine her arms crossing as well, though I couldn't actually see them through her webcam.

"Really?" She said slowly. I knew she had most likely guessed what I was about to say. She always knew when it came to things like this.

"Yeah. We didn't only kiss." I felt like a child telling her parents she broke the prized vase, trying to allude to the breaking ,but not coming right out and saying it. "There was more." I added. Kendra's eyes widened so much I thought they might just pop out of her head. Wyatt seemed confused for a brief moment before the realization hit him.

"Oh." He breathed finally. "I thought you were trying to take things slow?" He questioned. I pushed my bangs behind my ear awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with the camera on my laptop. 

"I was." I admitted. "But then the necklace and he kissed me, and I don't know, guys." I groaned.

"I mean, Dae, it's not like you haven't done this with him before." Kendra stated. I groaned again, dropping my face into my hands. She was right, but it was different this time. We were older, we had more history. And we weren't dating. I don't know why that bothered me so much, but it did.

I'd gone through five years and two boyfriends and hadn't had sex with anyone. And that was one hundred percent fine with me. What Luke and I did that October so long ago was something that happened because we loved each other. Yeah, it may be that we were too young to really know what love was, but at the time it felt right. Not to say that this time didn't feel right, but it felt different.

"Yeah, I know. But We've only just started to really hang out and get to know each other again, and I just- I don't know. I feel weird about it." I countered. "Like, even with Devin-"

"Ugh, Luke is nothing like that asshole." Kendra interrupted me as soon as I mentioned his name. I gave her an exasperated look before continuing with my sentence.

"I know he's not. But like I was saying, even with Devin and Collin, I wouldn't do anything, and I dated each of them for a lot longer than this. And Luke and I aren't even dating. I'm so confused!" I complained.

"I get where you're coming from, Daeyna." Wyatt said. I looked at him as he continued to speak. "But you have to remember that you and Luke have feelings from before still there running between you two. With the other boys, there just wasn't any of that history. I think you're okay in wanting to be dating first, but don't beat yourself up over last night." I was about to say thanks, but Kendra interrupted before I could.

"Wait, I forgot to ask. You all used protection, right? Like I don't have to start planning a baby shower any time soon, do I?" My eyes widened as I looked at her.

"Oh, God, yes we did. I don't think I could handle having a baby right now. I live in a one-room apartment." I assured her. "Absolutely no babies for me for a long time." I added. She nodded curtly, grunting out a 'good'.

"I think you need to talk to Luke about what's happened, get everything out in the open. If it makes you feel weird, he should know, just in case he thinks everything is alright. You know?" Wyatt suggested. I nodded. He was right. I should talk to Luke about it.

--------

I didn't mention my dilemma to Katie at work the next day. We were close, but not quite that close just yet. I did, however, help her avoid laundry duty by having her come into my office to help plan the one-week long camp I'd be having during the break for Christmas and such. She actually had some pretty great ideas. When I told her this, she blushed and said that she had almost gone to school to be a primary school teacher. She would have been a wonderful one, but I was glad she had chosen veterinary nursing.

"Ah, can you grab that for me? It's probably Luke or Dr. Ventri or something." I said when the phone started ringing. I would have grabbed it myself if I weren't currently seated on the floor with a book of children's crafts in my hands. Katie made a noise I took as a yes before answering.

"Winston Hills Rescue Shelter, this is Katie. How can I help you today?" She said. I looked up to watch her as she spoke. She frowned slightly. "Oh, no, ma'am. This is Daeyna's office phone. I'm sitting here with her right now if you would like to speak to her." So it wasn't Luke or Dr. Ventri. Who is it? I mouthed towards Katie as soon as she looked over at me. She shrugged, a motion I took to mean 'I don't know'. "Okay, ma'am. Alright. Have a wonderful day." As soon as the phone was back on the hook, I spoke.

"So who was that?" I asked. Katie shrugged again.

"I have absolutely no idea." She started. "It was a woman who got really flustered and confused when I answered and not you. But then she didn't actually want me to hand the phone over when I suggested it." She looked down at me. "Are all Americans weird like that?"

////////

Wee another chapter! I really hope you like this one! All the things to talk about, too! Like how Luke and Dae did the sex. WHAT? How do you feel about that one? Do you think Dae is right in freaking out, or is she just being paranoid about her relationship with Luke?

Thank you all for reading my story, and I hope you have a wonderful week! Love you to bits!!!!