15. Lunch...Finally

"Where in the hell are we going?" I questioned, frowning up at Luke. He sent a glance down at me before rolling his eyes.

"Be patient, jeez." He scoffed. I lifted an eyebrow and looked at our surroundings. We'd been walking for five minutes. As we approached another road, I let out a loud groan.

"We passed that store before. I told you we should have turned right once we got out of the building. We could have been all the way down that road already." I complained.

I was getting a tad 'hangry'. Though we had only been walking for five minutes, there was an hour before that where they boys were in the interview, as well as about fifteen minutes spent talking to the group of fans outside the radio station. That was awkward. I had to answer questions while Luke took pictures and signed things. I was asked five things.

Am I dating Luke? No, I'm not.

How did I know the band? I met them in school.

Am I even an Australian citizen? Yes, I am. I'm a dual citizen with the US.

Am I using the boys to get famous? No. I work at an animal shelter. I hardly believe that's a fame-worthy profession.

Where did I get my shirt? I had to look down at the top to see what I was even wearing. It actually wasn't my shirt. The white tank top with the Jaws shark on it was technically Wyatt's. He stayed in Kendra's apartment for a month over summer break, and left it on accident. I abducted it. So I said I abducted it from a friend.

"Maybe I just wanted to walk through the pretty trees." Luke muttered, but I knew he just hadn't known that we could simply turn right. I couldn't help but let out a quiet giggle at the pout on his face.

"Alright, Luke. I'm glad you got to see your pretty trees." I said, turning to look forward as we walked. We walked for another three minutes or so in silence until we came to another crossroads. I turned to look at Luke as we approached the busy street. "Straight, left, or right?" I asked. 

"This one is a left, definitely." He said. He seemed confident about the decision, so I didn't tease him about it. Another seven minutes, and we were still walking. My stomach was beginning to growl loudly. I could see Luke giving me sideways glances every time my stomach growled, a slight smirk on his face. Luckily for him, he didn't say anything about it. Probably because he knew I might just push him into the brick wall beside him if he did.

"Are we almost there?" I questioned after a particularly loud grumble from my stomach. Luke smirked more openly at me now.

"Why? You hungry or something?" He asked, laughing slightly.  I narrowed my eyes, sending a somewhat firm punch to his shoulder.

"Don't mock me. You're the one who made me wait." I snapped. Luke let out a full laugh at that, rubbing his arm as we walked.

"You make it so easy." He chuckled. I was too busy glaring at the ground to realize he'd stopped. Before I knew it, my face was hitting his back. I let out a 'ooph' and stumbled back a few steps. Luke gave a raised-eyebrow look. "We're here." He announced. I couldn't help the giant smile that formed on my face at his words.

I looked up at the building. It was tall, made out of white cement. The blue lettering above the door advertised the place as Hog's Breath Cafe. I smiled. It was a bar and grill, which was perfect for me. Nothing fancy, and I was sure I could get a good burger. I hadn't had one since coming here, and I seriously missed it.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I exclaimed, pushing past Luke and heading towards the door.

I didn't end up getting a burger. They had nacho chips. That was the winner, hands-down. Luke laughed at me when I ordered them, questioning me on whether I was sure I wasn't actually Mexican. He ended up getting a crispy chicken burger.

"You didn't!" I gasped as Luke finished his story about how he posted a naked profile picture once before deleting it moments later after remembering how Liz was on twitter as well. Our conversation, though it had started a bit slow due to the fact that I was starving and needed time to scarf down food, was actually very casual. I felt as if we'd never fought, only had a period of time where we weren't around eachother. And I quite liked being around him.

"No, I really did. Cal took it. Here." He reached into his pocket for his phone, pulling it out. My eyes widened. 

"No, I believe you. Please don't pull out the picture. I'm not ready for that yet." I insisted, reaching out to stop him. Luke gave me a sly look.

"Yet?" He said, his voice taking on an exaggerated 'sexy' tone. I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"You know what I meant." I added. Before either of us could say anything else, the waittress came back, a large smile on her face.

"I trust your meal went well? Are you thinking of dessert or will that be it?" She asked. I looked at Luke. I knew he wasn't about to let me pay for the meal, so any extra food would be his decision. He lifted an eyebrow at me.

"Dessert?" He asked. I shrugged noncommittally.

"If you want." I said. He rolled his eyes playfully, glancing at the menu.

"We'll have the fondue thing." He said. The lady nodded, writing it down and saying that it'd be out shortly.

"Fondue? Who knew you were so fancy, Luke." I teased.

"No! You can't double dip like that!" I exclaimed as Luke dipped the second half of a marshmallow into the melted chocolate. Luke froze briefly before slowly bringing the food to his mouth.

"Too bad." He said between bites. I scoffed. He was so annoying. But I could be more annoying. If he wanted to cause problems, I'd do the same back. I grabbed a smaller strawberry, giving him an innocent smile. This seemed to put him on edge, because his brows furrowed slightly in apprehension.

After dipping the fruit into the chocolate, I brought it to my mouth, my gaze locked onto his the entire time. Instead of biting into it, however, I began to lick the chocolate off the berry. Luke shifted in his seat, intently watching me. I only bit into the strawberry once the chocolate was all gone. After that, I dipped it in again, smiling.

"Something caught your interest, Luke?" I asked lightly, going back to my normal eating methods. His gaze snapped up to meet mine, and he narrowed his eyes.

"You're evil." He grumbled. I lifted my eyebrows with mock confusion.

"Why, I think a comment like that is grounds for you to walk me home, Mr. Hemmings. I'm offended." I said. His eyes widened as I began to stand up, and he leaned over the table, grabbing my wrist.

"No, I'm sorry. Can we stay for just a little longer?" He begged. I smirked at him, shrugging before sitting back down and picking up a marshmallow.

"You sound like there's a reason you don't want to get up." I quipped. He frowned, his cheeks turning slightly pink.

"I will get you back for this, you know." He threatened. "You won't expect it, and that's when I'm going to strike."

////////

Yoo! Look at this timely update! 

Oh, Daeyna. Causing........problems........for Luke. ;) She knows just how to get to him, huh? BUT LOOK. They're getting along! Can you smell the wedding cake yet?

I hope you liked this chapter! I'm happy to announce that Forgive Me has followed in Bully's footsteps and has made it onto the top 200 of Fanfiction! Might we make it to top 100? Hm? It would make my life.

I will see you all next week! Love you to bits!

P.s. Regarding the 'yet'. Daeyna definitely remembers that night way back when. But you have to remember that she and Luke have a bit of a rocky past between them, and though they are getting along, they're not as close as they used to be. Certainly not close enough to be seeing pictures of each others' asses. Just some food for thought. :)