How to Save a Life

This song makes me think of Robin whenever I hear it. Because I think this song goes back and forth between now and when Robin was still alive. I believe it represents people trying to help him, but they can't read between the lines. 

"Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend somewhere in the bitterness." This quote explains a lot. The bitterness is sadness and depression, and that's one of the reasons he died. And I think a lot of people blame themselves for his death. They think that if they'd been there for him or if they were open about their love for his work, then he wouldn't have done what he did.

"Drive until you lose the road,or break with the ones you've followed. He will do one of two things: he will admit to everything or he'll say he's just not the same, and you'll begin to wonder why you came" This is where it goes back in time. When people noticed he was a little less cheery, he either would have said,"I'm just not the same" or he would have admitted to everything. And when it says "Drive until you loose the road" I think it represents him dying. He lost control and he killed himself.

"Pray to God, he hears you, and I pray to God, he hears you." I don't know about you guys, but I pray Robin is in Heaven. I pray that he repented and is up there with Jesus. I know in a past chapter I said he excepted Christ, and that may be true, but people have implanted this thought in my mind that he is not in Heaven, so that's why I pray.

"Had I known how to save a life." Had I known that Robin was depressed, I would have tried some way to make him feel better; I'm sure all his fans would. 

Yeah, I know, it's kind of a sad song, but wasn't Robin's death sad? This song really does describe Robin and his hard time.