Dead Poets Society

(Robin Williams) "They're not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary."

Can you hear him? I know I can. He whispers into my ear as the images flicker on the screen. I can hear him saying,"remeber my legacy, even though I am not on the earth in which you stand, I am still hear. I am a dead poet, and I intend for my legacy to live on, not only in my movies, but in my fans, friends, and family." And that, is my poem for this chapter.

Oh gosh, I am crying. I really need to stop picking guys as my favorite characters. As you can imagine, I watched The Dead Poets Society. Poor Neil! Poor Keating! Oh, why cruel movies? Why?

Anyway, this movie just represents more symbolism. As you can see in this quote above, Robin is now, officially, a dead poet. He may not have written any poetry, but if poetry was just words on a piece of paper, then movies and TV would not exist. Robin was poet through his works. Even after death.

Now, before this chapter ends, I have one last thing to say:

Oh captian, my captian, we stand by you. 

Even after death,

Even before recognition.

We hold dear

All you've done.

On the TV

Computer

And Cinema.

We remember you,

Not as a character,

But as a lionheart.

You were, was, and still are our biggest shining example,

And that's straight

From the heart.