you surprise her on tour

You wheeled your suitcase behind you down the long hallway to IU's hotel room. You held the room key in one hand, one bag over your shoulder, and your suitcase in your other hand, dragging it behind you along the carpeted floor.

She was in the last room down the hallway, which allowed you a moment to try to think of what to say; although you knew as soon as you were back in her arms, you'd be speechless.

You've been apart for a few weeks and the distance was getting to be too much for you. Time differences and busy schedules made it hard for you to find time to talk together. But you managed to find some time to give her a visit and you were so excited to be in her arms again.

You stood in front of the door. You dropped your suitcase and held the room key in your shaky hand. You went to put it in the door, but it suddenly flew open making both you and IU jump when you came face to face.

She gasped and put her hand over her racing heart. A shaky breath fell from her lips before she froze as it all sank in. You were there; you were standing in front of her. She saw you start to smile and her heart skipped a beat. It's been too long since she's seen it like this instead of over a screen when you FaceTime or skype.

"Y/n? You're here?"

You nodded and reached your hand out to take hers and as soon as she felt your familiar touch, she was throwing her arms around you and bringing you in for a big hug. She squeezed your hard, momentarily lifting you off of your feet and spinning you around in her arms.

She heard your giggle in her ear and felt your heartbeat against her chest and she was so happy she almost shed a tear. She pulled away and let you on your feet again before gazing at you adoringly.

"I can't believe you're really here right now! Come in, baby, c'mon!" She tugged at your hand and led you inside the hotel suite. You dragged your suitcase behind you before letting it fall onto the floor when you were inside and the door closed behind you.

You moved back into her arms and set your head on her chest. You closed your eyes when the comfort you've been in need of from the moment she left for her flight to go on tour only weeks ago. Being away from her is hard, even though you're always happy to see her living out her dreams.

"I've missed you." You mumbled and she began to rub your back, hand moving along your skin ever so gently.

"I've missed you." She spoke softly and kissed your head lingeringly. "It's so nice having you by my side again. How long do I have you for?"

"A week." You mumbled as you lifted your head to look at her. "I wish it was longer but,"

"A week is perfect." She interrupted and started to caress your cheek. "Seven days with you is better than none. We'll have an amazing time! Make the most of it all."

You nodded before she brought in for a long, loving kiss.

"I love you so much." She whispered against your lips. "Thank you for coming to see me. Are you tired? I know you must've had a long flight. Jet-lagged?"

"No. I'm happy and I want to spend some time with you." You said and tugged on her hand to lead her to the bed. You fell onto it and breathed out a sigh of relief. Because even though you weren't exactly tired, you were happy to be in a cozy bed and when IU crawled up beside you, you were even happier to move into her arms and lay your head back on her chest; over her heart, allowing for you to hear it beat steadily.

"Can you just hold me for a little while?"

"After five weeks apart from you, I'm happy to hold you as long as you'll let me." She whispered, kissing your cheek softly. "I won't let go. I love you. I'm so happy you're here."

"Me too." You smiled, already looking forward to the week ahead with her.