break up prank (requested)

"Hello? Y/N! I'm home." IU yelled as she walked through the door.

She immediately began to look around for you. The only thing that's gotten her through this rough day is knowing that she's coming home to you.

"Baby? Are you here?" She yelled out but she never got a verbal response.

Instead, she heard the sound of thudding coming from upstairs. She rushed up there as soon as she could.

"Y/N?" She yelled as she reached the bedroom. Her heart sank right away when she saw the suitcases on the floor. They were closed like they were packed. She noticed that you were also packing things into another on the bed.

"Oh, IU. I didn't see you there." You said as you packed another one of your shirts into the suitcase.

"I was calling out for you when I got home a minute ago. You must've been occupied with packing for your..." She paused and tried to think of a reasonable explanation as to why you were packing so much of your stuff. "Trip?"

"No." You said, shaking your head.

She felt a little anxious. She's sure that anyone that would come home to find their partner packing their things without even knowing they'd be leaving for anything would feel the same way.

"So, you're not going on a trip? Then where are you going?"

"I don't know exactly. But... I think I need to leave for a while. I need some space. I'll probably just head home for some time."

"What do you mean by 'home'? You're home right now. We're home."

She was trying to smile but she was nervous. Her voice trembled as she spoke.

"What are trying to say, y/n? Do you want to break up? Is that it?"

You turned around to look at her with a heavy sigh.

"I think that would be best."

She chuckled nervously before tangling her fingers in her hair.

"Why? Did I do something wrong? Is it because I've been so busy? I know that on a normal day I'm out the door by five am and I don't get back until after midnight but... I try. I always try for you. I love you. I'd do anything for you."

"I know. It's not anything you did. I just need some space."

"You need to space from me? That's what you're saying?" She asked as tears blurred her vision.

You didn't get the chance to say a word. She just sat at the edge of the bed and hung her head as the tears fell from her eyes. Her back was facing you. You watched her shoulders shake as she sobbed but tried not to let you hear them.

"Baby," you whispered and sat beside her. "Baby, talk to me."

She sniffled and turned to face you. Her lip wobbled as tears fell down her cheeks.

"I don't want to lose you." She cried. "I love you. It really hurts to know that you need space from me. I'm rarely ever home. I thought everything was fine between us, I thought when we do get time together we always wish we never had to pull away."

She hung her head again but you cupped her cheek and gently turned her face.

"I love you. Please tell me what you need from me. I'll do anything. Please don't leave me."

"I'm never leaving you." You said as you dried her cheeks and threw your arms around her for a tight hug.

"You're not leaving? I-I thought that you wanted to break up?"

You pulled away and she quickly went wide-eyed.

"I mean, I'm so thankful that you're not, believe me! But, why the sudden change of heart?"

"I didn't have a change of heart. I was never leaving you. It's just a prank!"

Her heart sank again.

"A prank? Why would you do that to me?"

"I'm sorry." You said as she frowned. "I wasn't thinking. I'm truly so sorry."

"You should be! You scared me!"

"I know." You said and watched her eyes go soft as she stared into yours. She threw her arms around you and laid her cheek on your shoulder.

"I'm not happy with you." She mumbled. "But I'm thankful that you're not really wanting to break up. Because I can't live without you. I love you too much."

"I love you too." You said as you rubbed her back. "I'm sorry for scaring you. But I promise you, I'm never leaving."

She smiled a little and held you a little tighter, wishing that she'd never have to let go ever again.