you're cold

A loud clap of thunder made you jump as you got ready to settle into bed beside IU. You felt her fingers brush along your skin before she took your hand and pulled you down into bed beside her. You laughed but quickly settled into her cozy bed, head falling back against the cool pillowcase.

"Thanks for letting me stay here tonight with you."

"Anytime, y/n." She whispered as her nails lightly scratched along your arm. "I hate to say this, but I'm getting pretty sleepy. Wanna call it a night? We'll have tomorrow to spend together."

"Okay." You agreed, smiling from ear to ear as she leaned over to kiss your cheek. You turned the lamp off and closed your eyes, hoping you'd be asleep in no time.

But you stayed awake for a little while. This is your first night spent with IU and you wanted to soak it up. You also wanted to be close to her because the thunder and lightning were pretty strong as the storm started to rage outside and you found comfort in her.

You tried to move closer to her, but just as you tried to curl up to her she moved to lay on her side. Her back rose and fell steadily, telling you that she was fast asleep. You settled for lying close to her, thinking you'd fall asleep in no time now.

But you began to shiver suddenly. You reached for the blanket, but in her deep slumber, she hogged it for herself. You groaned and rubbed your arms to try to warm yourself up. But it wasn't enough to keep you warm.

"IU?" You whispered, hoping you'd get an answer back without having to wake her. But she didn't stir and she didn't say anything back. "IU? IU, wake up."

Her eyes flew open upon feeling your cold fingers against her arm.

"Your hands are cold, y/n," she groaned as she wrapped her fingers around your own, pushing them off of her.

"That's because I'm really cold. I didn't want to wake you but you're hogging the blanket and I was unsure where you kept your others."

"Oh, baby, I'm sorry." She apologized as she turned onto her back.

"No, it's fine. It's yours and I don't want to take it from you if you need it."

She chuckled and pulled you into her arms. Her hands fell to your arms, your skin just as cold as your fingertips.

"You need it more than I do, apparently." She said, kissing your head before pulling back as an idea popped into her head. "I'll be back in a second."

"Wait, where are you going?"

"To the closet for a second." She said but before she walked away, she tucked the blanket over you to keep you warm.

You snuggled into it, finding that it was comforting for more reasons than one. Between the warmth it provided and her smell that lingered and now filled your lungs.

She came back a few seconds later, her hoodie in her hand.

"Here, babe. Throw this on. You should stay nice and cozy."

You pulled it over your head and instantly began to warm up.

"Good?"

"Yeah, perfect now." You said and when she lied back down, you still curled up in her arms once again. You closed your eyes when she put her arms around you and kissed your head. She wrapped the blanket over the both of you, making sure you were as warm as possible.

"I feel so much better now."

She giggled upon sensing the happiness in your voice. She moved so she could lay a kiss to your lips, relishing the sweet and soft kiss.

"I love you. Sleep tight."

"You too," you spoke softly as you laid your head right on her shoulder, allowing you to kiss her neck a few times before you finally drifted off to sleep; feeling warm and cozy.