Instincts

"The popcorn is ready!!!!!", Ruby exclaimed.

"I thought we only ate popcorn when we watched movies.", Lightning said "Well sometimes you just gotta eat popcorn when you feel like it, and I feel like eating popcorn!", Ruby said joyfully as she raised the popcorn from the table.

"Oh, well, can I have some?", Lightning asked as he descended a bit to her level "Of course!", Ruby said, Lightning took a handful of popcorn and threw it into his mouth.

He coughed a bit "Why do these just taste like pure sugar?", Lightning questioned "Hmmm I'm not sure.", Ruby said as she ate a handful of popcorn as well, the popcorn was covered in sugar.

"How are you even still alive, you eat way too much sugar.", Snowball said, he sat on the floor ripping apart cards "Well sorrrryy that I have sugar running through my veins and have to keep my sugar levels to the max.", Ruby huffed as she ate more sugar covered popcorn.

"You don't have sugar running through your veins.", Snowball said "How would you know? You've never seen my blood.", Ruby said.

Snowball rolled his eyes and sighed, he continued to rip apart cards.

Ruby continued to eat popcorn.

It was quiet for a bit.

Then the front door swung open "Heyy guess what we like found!", Match said as she walked in with Pencil behind her, Pencil was holding a claw, it seemed to have three more claws attached to it.

"Ooooo!! Did you find candy??", Ruby asked with excitement "Actually, more like something that will like help us like figure out what GB is like hiding from everyone.", Match said "Hey, weren't you two supposed to get Bubble back?", Fanny asked, she had her usual angry expression.

"Yeah, but on our way we decided to go into the woods.", Pencil said "Weren't we told to stay away from the woods?", Flower asked "No one is going to tell me where to not go, and besides, we were only there for a few minutes.", Pencil said.

"Either way we found this claw where the body was said to be.", Pencil said as she showed the mutated claw.

"How do you know that wasn't from a random animal?", Lightning questioned "Well then, what animal would have three claws in one claw?", Pencil asked.

"An animal that's been exposed to too much radiation.", Lightning said, Pencil sighed "Even if it was, there is definitely no animal that has claws this big. These claws are the size of a person's hand.", Pencil said.

"That's cool and all but don't we all have really small hands?", Lightning questioned "And some of us don't even have hands!", Ruby exclaimed.

Pencil groaned "Fine, maybe this could be a randomly mutated animal. But I know GB and TB are hiding something from everyone, and we'll be the ones to find out what.", Pencil said confidently.

"Who said we wanted to be part of this.", Snowball said "I did, is that a problem?", Pencil asked sternly as she crossed her arms.

"Look I know you made yourself the "boss" of this house to help your dying ego, but you are not going to be bossing me around.", Snowball huffed as he stood up.

"First, I didn't make myself the boss, I made myself the leader of this house because we need someone to lead!", Pencil said angrily "We don't need a "leader" or a "boss", we're just a group of people that live in the same house. What are we to you? some team for a game show?", Snowball asked with a stern voice.

"Of course I understand that we're just all living together, but we are a team whether you like it or not, we have to be able to work together. Now if you don't want to be on a team, then leave, the door is right there, no one is stopping you.", Pencil said as she pointed towards the front door.