Chapter 7- Holy Ship

“Boys, I’m recording something and the topic does kind of involve you if you’d like to join me.” I said, sitting at my desk and calling Tommy and Toby. It had been a few days since the founding of L'Manberg Stream, which meant it had also been a few days since the creation of Sour Patch Loves and the fans had gone crazy on fanfics.

“What do you mean the topic involves us?” Toby asked. 

“Well, I hit 50K this weekend and I asked what my viewers wanted for a milestone celebration. They decided on something to do with fanfics involving shipping me which mostly pertains to you two. I understand if you think this is weird and don’t wanna be part of it but I figured I’d at least offer.” I explained quickly.

“Kinda WeirdChamp but I won’t make you go through that alone, I’m in how about you, Tommy?” Toby replied.

“Ugh, fine! We can leave whenever we want though.” Tommy said. I agreed, of course and we hopped on our personal Discord where it’s just the three of us in a video call. The boys let me do an intro before we officially started: 

“What is up my beloved Insomniacs! So, we hit 50K before I even got the chance to celebrate 20, 25, 30, OR 40K!!! You guys are just wow! So, since this is my massive milestone celebration, I asked you guys what to do and your answer was overwhelmingly fanfic stuff. I’ve been a fangirl since I was nine years old, I know fanfic gets kinda weird and I can’t do all this alone, so I convinced the guys to do this with me. Say hi boys!” I said brightly. Tommy and Toby turned their cameras back on and said hi. “So, first, have you guys ever read any fanfic at all?” I asked.

“Can’t say I have.” Tommy said.

“I might have read one once but it was years ago and I have no idea what it was about.” Toby replied.

“This is gonna be very interesting then. Let’s start with somewhere safer then, so Tommy doesn’t run away.”  I said, I had next to no plan, the video was future me’s problem. I opened the list of fics I’d been DM’d and approved and opened “What I Like // A Sour Patch Loves One-shot

“Oh god I already regret this.” Tommy said, reading the first line: “Tommy had been in love with his Nyxie for as long as he’d known her, the only problem was so had his best friend, Tubbo.”

“Tommy, this isn’t even the most intense or cringy one. You might wanna get used to this.” I replied, starting to read out the fic to the boys. It was a typical fic: fluffy pining, cutesie love stuff, crazy unrealistic method of getting the characters to get to be together, and vaguely in-character writing. 

“What the Hell.” Tommy said at the final scene, which had been me, Toby, and Tommy getting married in a time skip to us being adults.

“I thought it was kind of nice!” Toby commented.

“Yeah this was about standard for my expectation for a fanfic. I liked it, thank you Simping4Innit for writing that. On to the next one.” I said. We read a few more fics before I got to the one I’d been looking forward to: “Dimensional Love // Tommyinnit X Nyxsomnia X Tubbo” it was almost a collection of oneshots of us in AUs except it was a continuous love story.

“Nyx, you seem way too happy about this one and I’m scared.” Toby said as I opened it.

“I just think this one is cool, it’s very in-character while still achieving its purpose of being shippy.” I said.

“This is the last one, right?” Tommy asked hopefully.

“Yes, Tommy, you’re almost free.” I said and started reading. It opened on the three of us getting on a call with each other at 3:25AM in the boys’ time and some mysterious force made us teleport to a fantasy AU, where I was a princess and they were my knights. We had to solve the conflict of the AU to get to the next one until we could get home. The fic was so good that even the boys got so into it they were blushing and smiling at the right parts and everything. We finished the fic and I did an outro for the video. The boys stayed on the call with me.

“So, ehem, that last fanfic was something, huh?” Tommy said nervously, his cheeks still kind of pink.

“Yeah, it’s not often you see something like that so in character.” I replied, trying to calm the butterflies having a party in my stomach. 

“Almost close enough to be real, huh?” Toby commented, also sounding kind of shakey.

“Yeah, almost. Okay this is a weird vibe I’ve created, so I’m gonna play some minecraft with Micah and I’ll come back later. Bye.” I said and deafened before going off to build with Micah.

~~~
I came back from playing for three hours to Tommy and Toby playing on the SMP while streaming. I joined their call and played with them despite them acting kind of weird, probably my fault I never should have made them read fanfics with me. I spent some time streaming with the boys before hopping off to edit the 50K video. I left the boys and went to find the recording. Oh crud, I forgot to stop the recording after I left my computer. I went to around the time we stopped the video and was about to cut it before something caught my attention: “So do you like her or not?” Asked Tommy’s voice on the recording. 

“I don’t know, maybe, yes?” Toby replied. 

“So we both like (y/n). What do we do about it?” Tommy said.

“Well we can’t both tell her, she’d hate us making her choose like that.” Toby resolved firmly.

“So we just don’t tell her and suffer in the friend zone forever?” Tommy said.

“I guess.” Toby replied dejectedly. The two of them sat in silence for a while before they decided to put it to the side and stream some games.

I paused the video and pushed my chair back from my desk. Oh my God. My best friends and crushes were actually into me. And I discovered it in a cheesy cliché way that would only happen in a movie or fanfic. And they’d resolved not to tell me so I had to sit in agony too because I don’t know how to press buttons for some reason.

Wonderful, now I’m looking at every joke and reaction to anything ever involving them to figure out when they started liking me and if I’ve been a blind idiot this whole time. There’s the fantasies about them increasing tenfold, perfect. I looked at the clock on my computer and noticed it was midnight already. 

I left the room and went to bed. Except I couldn’t fall asleep. Tommy’s laugh and Toby’s smile kept playing in my head. I decided to just give up after twenty minutes of trying to force myself to sleep. I opened my laptop and decided to look for fan videos of the three of us. If I can’t go to sleep because of thoughts of them, I may as well just give in and feed the thoughts. The first video I found was an animatic of Can’t Sleep Love, weirdly fitting. I just sat and listened to the song for a few playthroughs before my eyelids got heavy and I managed to find sleep. 
~~~~~
Hi guys, I'm running out of stockpiled chapters so it may be a bit slow on updates for a while, just a warning. Thank you all for the support!