Chapter 5- Who's That?

"All I'm saying is that Clay could be lying about every part of his appearance and we'd never know!" I giggled into my phone. I was on video chat with Toby and Tommy after a stream.

"Yeah but what makes you think he'd fly to London to deck me in the face?" Tommy laughed.

"Have you met yourself? I've been considering doing it!" I replied.

"She has a point, Big T." Toby added.

"Oh, I'm gonna have to hang up guys." I said sadly, noticing the text from my friends that they were almost at my house. Lexy, Myka, and Micah had gotten in the habit of taking me with them on walks around the neighborhood since Covid protocols had become more relaxed but today it was just Lexy and I.

"Aw, stop leaving us for your real life friends." Toby replied sadly and flopped on his bed.

"Yeah! It's not very Covid safe of you either. You should just stay here and play video games with us!" Tommy said, trying to guilt me into staying. I shook my head and walked out my front door after saying goodbye to my family.

"Look, you guys can wait with me out here for her but I will have to hang up so I can go on my walk." I said as I hopped up and sat on the trunk of my car. They grumbled about me abandoning them, but agreed.

"(y/n)!" Lexy called as she got to the end of my street. I waved and went to hang up on the boys despite their rather vocal complaints and put the phone in my pocket.

"Hey Lex!" I greeted as she got to my driveway.

"Lemme guess, that was Tommy and Tubbo?" Lexy said, putting her hands in her pockets and quirking an eyebrow.

"Um, yeah? Why is there something wrong with me talking to Tommy and Toby?" I asked defensively.

"Just that you're totally crushing on one of them, I mean, you smiled just saying their names!" Lexy exclaimed.

"Oh shut up, bicycle. Not everyone thinks like you, especially not this (your sexuality). We don't all start drooling at the sight of the first shirtless boy we see." I shot back.
"We're still here, (n/n)." Toby allerted me from inside my pocket. I swore as Lexy snatched my phone and held it above my head.

"She talks about you two nonstop, one of you just date her so she'll shut up about you!" Lexy said and kept the phone out of my reach. Both boys turned bright red as I tried to get my phone.

"Shut up, Lex and give it back!" I whined and jumped up.

"Sorry, who is this?" Tommy managed to squeak out.

"I'm Lexy and I've been (y/n)'s best friend through all three of her relationships so I know how she gets when she's into someone!" She said, lowering her arm enough for me to snatch my phone back.

"Sorry about her, she doesn't get boundaries." I apologised, sending dirty looks her way.

"It's fine, we all have that one friend, right Tommy?" Toby said.

"Not really, but it's still alright." Tommy assured. I said goodbye and hung up.

"Lexy what the heck! I don't think of them like that!" I said in annoyance as we reached the Starbucks we always stopped at before heading to bougie Goodwill.

"Sure you don't. I know you, if you're not in love with one of them yet, give it a few days. I just want you to be aware in case you do start falling." She replied.

~~~
I thought a lot about what Lexy had said once I got home. I mean, she wasn't wrong about my tendency to fall deeply in love very quickly, most of the time so fast I don't even notice. Sure I thought Tommy's laugh was like sunshine and I kept thinking of flowery pretty ways to describe just how blue his eyes were. Sure I felt like sometimes I needed Toby's voice to breathe and my heart melts whenever he plays music for me, but that doesn't mean I'm in love with them!

It's okay to think about how it'd feel to sit next to Tommy and nag him for attention while he's streaming. It's a totally normal friend thing to wonder how it'd feel to fall asleep while Toby held me. Nothing about that's weird or wrong.

And thinking about how it'd feel to sit on the couch between them watching a movie, Tommy's arm over my shoulders and Toby leaning on me and letting me play with his hair, feeling completely content and like nothing could ever bother me... none of that meant anything either, right?

Damn it, I hate when she's right.