Chapter Thirteen: Holiday Plans

Things were slowly getting back to normal, however normal that is, for the gang. The school was generous enough to grant Eren some much needed time to recover from his freak accident. Time off to chase down loose threads and gather intel on the person who attacked him and labelled him brother. Or at least he could but he has one really annoying problem creeping up on him. His exams weren't going anywhere.

Between the strange doctors' check-ups and his friends finding time wasn't just hard for Yeager. It was impossible. His time off is coming to an end so the boy was determined to use his last weekend to the maximum.

"Dammit! I blame the pad!" Eren yells. He throws the game controller onto his bed as a show of annoyance.

"It's your controller. Blame it all you want," Armin replies through a smiling face. The two boys have spent the day gaming away in Eren's room. Armin constantly beating Eren in everything from first-person shooters to fighting games and even racing sims. The less said about any strategy games the better too for young Yeager. Armin is the strategy king and Eren, well, isn't. Not even close.

"Whatever, one v one me on any sports game and I beat you ten times out of ten. How's that for strategy?" Eren replies. Armin tries his best to hold in his laugh but the urge to do so is just too strong. A sly giggle escaping every now and again. There is a sudden knock at the door and Carla enters the room soon after with a tray full of snacks for the boys. A few potato chips, popcorn and some actual food that she made earlier.

"You boys having fun?" Carla asks. She places the tray down next to them before taking a seat on the messy bed. The boys reply in typical fashion, talking over one another. Armin trying to be polite while Eren complains that Armin is somehow cheating once again.

"Right," Carla chuckles. "Where is Mikasa? Not like her to be late to one of these study sessions of yours." The boys simultaneously grab their phones and check the time. Mid-afternoon just around the corner.

"Oh man. We should start now. My grandpa wants me home for dinner soon and we have a lot to cover."

"Let me drop her a call," Eren says.

"Or just drop her a text, kiddo. She's probably just busy at her mom's cafe." Carla says. She gets up, saying her farewell, before getting started on dinner of her own.

"So, should I call or text?" Eren asks Armin.

"Which one do you want to do?"

"Call."

"Then you should probably text," Armin jokes. This time not bothering to stifle his giggles unaware of Eren's cold stare. Still, Eren sticks to Armin's decision trusting his better judgment. No matter how on the nose it was.

"Okay, sent her a text asking where she is. So, should we start?"

"Yeah, oh! Before I forget. Don't make any plans over the upcoming break."

"Why not?" Eren asks.

"We've made plan's for you. We are going on a little group trip."

"The fuck? And what if I say no?"

"We would be very upset. Especially since we have already put your deposit down. Its no refund and-"

"Fine. But you will owe me after this." Eren accepts defeat this time without putting up a fight. "Kinda dumb of you guys to do that without asking me by the way."

"It was Mine and Mikasa's idea."

"Of course it was." Eren sighs.

          Meanwhile, in a different part of town in a small café, a mother/daughter combo are hard at work getting orders out in a timely fashion with the food meeting their high standards of quality. The café itself is slowly calming down now that the two managed to weather the brunt of the weekend storm. "Mikasa, didn't you have to go somewhere like half an hour ago?" Mrs Ackerman calls out from behind her counter.