Chapter Five: Some Day, huh?

Eren: Hey Armin. Where's the toilet here?

Armin: Down the corridor from the cafeteria

Armin: First left

Eren pockets his phone and starts making his way, using his jacket to hide the blood staining his uniform. He backtracks his way to the cafeteria, the hallways much easier to navigate since most of the students have made their way to their last lesson of the day.

Inside the toilet, Eren does a quick check to make sure he is alone. Kicking open the door to each cubical and avoiding a nasty surprise. Thankfully. Now sure that he is alone, Eren removes his jacket and starts to concentrate, attempting to heal his wounds. Hot steam starts to rise from his wounds as they quickly heal over. Leaving no sign of any injuries. He runs his tongue along his teeth confirming that they are all there. Even the one that was knocked loose. Unfortunately, the steam isn't going to do anything for the blood staining his clothes. Time to get cleaning.

After cleaning for quite a few, long, tedious minutes, working through the ringing bell, Eren hasn't managed to do anything besides get himself wet. "This is stupid!" Eren yells. He slams his fist down, causing more water to splash onto his face and eyes. He starts to rub his eyes. "I'm gonna need some help. But who?"

                    Knock knock. No answer. Eren knocks again. His impatience adding extra weight. Each thud harder than the last on the oak wood. Eren is midway through his next knock when the door swings wide open. "What do you want?" The familiar voice of Levi asks. With nothing to hit but his momentum in full flow, Eren starts to stumble forward. Mr Ackerman neatly sidesteps him, hitting him over the head with the textbook he is carrying. More instinctually than out of intended malice. "I'm trying to teach." His voice carries a hint of confusion. The events that just happened can cause that to happen.

"Uh, sorry sir," Eren says rubbing the back of his head. The spot where the textbook made contact to be precise.

Mr Ackerman lowers his guard and lets out a long, dragged out sigh. "Goddamit," Levi mumbles, holding the bridge of his nose. He turns his attention back to the young German. "What did you want, Yeager? And will you take your jacket off?"

"Yeah, about that," Eren interjects. "I've had a bit of an accident and I need your help." Eren's words play back in his mind. "N-not that kind of accident."

"What kind then?" Levi folds his arms and starts to lean against the open. "Make it quick. I've got a class to teach and you've got a class to get to."

"Can we go somewhere a little more..." Eren looks over his shoulder into the classroom. The students look back at him. Some in the middle of solving the algebra problem on the board. Others in the middle of something mischievous. In fact, one brave, brave soul has a paper aeroplane in his hand, ready to fly.

"Wait for me outside Yeager," Levi says. He diverts his attention to the boy with the plane. "If that thing leaves your hand you will be in detention with me for the rest of the term. Understood?" Levi's voice is cold. Cold enough to send shivers down anyone's spine.

The boy lowers his shaky arm, doing his best to avoid Levi's narrowed stare. He goes to speak but the words get jammed in his throat. He takes a big gulp and deep breath. "U-understood, Mr Ackerman."

                    Outside, in the empty corridor, Eren and Levi are discussing the 'situation' that Eren finds himself in. They are keeping their voices low and constantly checking over their shoulders making sure no one else hears what they are talking about.

"And you don't remember what happened?" Levi questions.

"No," Eren lies. He runs his hand through his hair. "I probably just fell over and busted my nose. Nothing serious." Levi looks at him with a raised eyebrow. He isn't convinced by the story but decides against prying further. Now simply isn't the time.