Chapter Two: First Morning

Eren Point of View:

When homeroom finished everyone, including me, started to make our way to the next lesson. However, Mr Ackerman pulled me to one side. He wanted to have a 'quick talk'. He also asked that Armin waited for me outside. Sending Mikasa to her next lesson even though she wanted to wait with us.

"Eren, the principal has asked that I take you under my wing. Keep you in check and make sure you don't do anything stupid. Everything that you do will be reported to me. Also, if you need anything, come to me. I'm usually in here." Mr Ackerman leaned in close and started to whisper. "The principle, me and head of science Miss Zoë know about your condition."

Armin Point of View:

Mr Ackerman sure is taking his time with Eren. If he doesn't hurry up, we're gonna be late for the next lesson!

As time ticked away, the fear of being late to lesson on the first day became a bitter reality. Eventually, Eren made his way out. He had two slips in his hand. At least Mr Ackerman wrote us some late slips. Once Eren got all his stuff together, we started to make our way to the next lesson. It was Chemistry with Hanji.

Mikasa Point of View:

Hanji has just finished registering the students. Eren and Armin are still not here. They couldn't have got lost. Armin knows his way around. Not the best start to the new year by being late. Not like I can say anything really.

The Dynamic Duo did show up to class eventually. They were talking amongst themselves, smiling and giggling at each other. They handed Hanji two slips of paper. Must be late slips from Levi.

Armin and Eren both sat away from the main body of the class. Maybe Eren wanted to sit away from the rest of is. Armin probably agreed because he wanted his friend to be comfortable. What a nice guy. Eren does seem different from homeroom. He seemed happy, energetic and confident. His eyes were glowing with good spirit. I hope he doesn't notice me staring at him. That could get pretty awkward fast.

Eren Point of View:

Spending time with my best friend was great. Skype calls and late night gaming sessions were fun, but nothing beats being there in people you care about. Whenever I get the chance to, I find myself trying to sneak a glance at Mikasa. I can't help it. I just find myself doing it. That's not weird, right? Best not get caught. Don't want to come across as some sort of freak. 

3rd Person Point of View:

Eren and Mikasa were both lost in their own thoughts. They were trying to deduce each other's characters. Mikasa NEEDED to know more about Eren. The mystery wasn't going to solve itself. Eren, on the other hand, was hoping that Mikasa could prove to be different. Someone that he could trust in this new setting that he was now in. Maybe even with his darkest secret.

Unfortunately, they would have to put that on hold as Hanji Zoë had other idea's.

HONK!

Eren Point of View:

Holy Shit Fuck! Out of nowhere, a loud horn was let loose. The honk echoed across the room causing the entire class to shriek in unison. Something that would have been funny if my ears didn't feel like they were bleeding. It seemed like it did its job though. The teacher took her place back at the front of the room, putting a horn down in the process.

"Okay, class. I hope you all had a great summer. I know I did! I got to see a live autopsy take place. Fun, right!? Most of you probably realised by now but we have a new student. We should all introduce ourselves. You know, stuff like your name and one thing about you. I'll start. My name is Hanji Zoë. Please call me Hanji and not Miss Zoë. It makes me feel old. I like researching animals and how they work. Every last part of them I NEED to know." Hanji's eyes widened. They had a crazy look to them. Mr Ackerman wasn't messing when he told me about her.