Chapter Six: Bad Dreams

"That doesn't matter. Not when I feel like this!" Eren grabs the boy in front of him by his collar and launches his fist towards his stomach. The fleshy body does nothing to resist the titanic force, his fist passing straight through with no trouble. Blood paints his fist dark crimson. His fist the brush and the walls his canvas. The body, limp in his grasp but he is not done yet. He lifts the body and with an evil grin on his face, sends in crashing to the concrete ground with all his might. Just as the body is about to make solid contact, everything goes black. The body gone. Looking around he realises he is in the middle of...nothing? He is just floating, rotating slowly. Slowly. Slowly in this strange black abyss. 

"Where the fuck am III!" He suddenly starts freefalling at a ferocious speed. Although his body is pointed down (Or that's what he thinks) it strangely feels like he is falling up. His stomach doing sixes and sevens trying not to hurl up last nights meal. Then there is a sudden gravitational shift and this time he is certain that he is falling down. Plummeting to...something. Voices, eerie, chilling and familiar start to call his name.

He hits the all familiar turf of grass. A cold wind blowing on what is a warm day. He hears a loud cry of "REF!" mixed in with the sound of chanting as he picks himself up from the floor.  He notices he is wearing his P.E kit and is stood on a football pitch. The ball rolls towards him and hits his leg. In front of him, a wall of people is being formed. The colour of their kits is different from Eren's. It looks like a freekick set up. Possibly for a foul on Eren which would explain why he was faced down in the turf earlier. The position of it is similar to the one he had in P.E. Out of the corner of his eye, he spots a humanoid figure with the head of a horse approach him. "Don't mess this up, again," it neighs. Its voice carries a strong resemblance to Jeans. The caws of a few crows ring. Strange. He pushes it to the back of his mind and gets ready to take the freekick. He starts his run-up, nerves threatening to boil over when the ground starts to shake. The source of this seismic shake is right under Eren's feet. Cracks start to spread through the ground.

"What is happening!?" Eren yells. The ground caves in around him. Shattering like a glass mirror that has just been hit with a cannonball. Once again, he is falling through the dark abyss. His screams echo all around him but fall on deaf ears.

After falling for an unknown amount of time, Eren finds himself in a third location. One he doesn't recognise. It looks like an alleyway but the lack of lighting makes it hard to tell. He turns to face the street and tries to walk towards it but the distance, instead of getting shorter, increases with each step he takes. No choice but to go further into the unknown.

The deeper he gets, the darker it gets. He is forced to rely on touch more than sight to navigate his way forward. Eventually, a spotlight shines down on him and someone else. A girl. One with dark raven that is cut short. It reaches down just past her chin. Eren also notices a deep cut on her cheek. "You monster." The figure calls out in a voice Eren recognises. 

"Mikasa? Is that you?" He inquires, taking a step forward.

"Stay back" She raises a blade to face him. "I-I'm not afraid of you!"

"Afraid of m-" five limp bodies fall from the sky. Some missing limbs, others their entire lower half. Ligh appears from out of nowhere. The walls are bathed in blood and the air polluted with the stench of death and fresh blood. Eren starts to investigate the corpses. They all look so familiar. Reiner, Berthold, Annie, Ymir and... Grisha Yeager. His father.

Before he can process what the hell is going on, a large foot crashes down on Mikasa. Her blood splatters onto Eren's frightened face. Standing in front of him is a fifteen-meter giant. It isn't wearing anything showing off its well built muscular body. Its ears are pointed and its dark hair long. Its teeth are also on display. Like a human skull but with a strange jaw. Its eyes, which match Eren's, peer down onto him.

It lets out a deafening roar, shaking everything around it before sending its huge, titanic fist straight for Eren.

"AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick note

Shorter chapter because I've been super busy with uni, a wedding and recovering from an illness. 

The second part of this chapter should be up by Friday.