Chapter Four: Lunchtime Shenanigans

Eventually, Mikasa and Armin manage to drag Eren indoors and out of the torrential rain. The rain dripping off their soaking kits and hair, especially Mikasa's long hair which is not a fan of this. Water trickling down it before commencing the long freefall to the ground. She can form her own puddles if she wants to just by standing still. A cold shiver dancing through the three of them. Mikasa and Armin are unable to get much out of Eren apart from the occasional grunt or shrug. That miss is really playing on his mind even though its just P.E. After a couple more unsuccessful attempts, Armin insists that Mikasa go get changed into her dry uniform. Although reluctant, she does head off to the girls changing room. Looking back just before entering. When the door seals shut, Armin lets off a sigh before making his way to the boys changing room, dragging Eren behind him.

Eren continues his quiet stance in the changing room trying his best to not react to the 'I thought he was supposed to be good' and 'he's all talk'. Let's just say lunch is coming at a good time for him.

The two boys make their way to the cafeteria. It is roughly a ten-minute walk from the sports block. Along the way, Armin gave Eren a mini-tour describing what they were walking past and where you could get from where they were at the time. The cafeteria itself is huge. The whole school could fit in here if they wanted to. The chatter dancing through the air gives the place a coffee shop atmosphere and the smell is just as divine. Eren has brought food from home. Leftovers from last night's dinner, Steak and kidney pie and some prawn tempura, reheated and stored away into a box that will hopefully keep it warm. Quite a lot of food. He was feeling hungrier than he actually was when packing because of his nerves. Armin, on the other hand, is buying food. The queue is rather long and out of the corner of his eye, Eren spots Levi.

"Hey Armin, I'm gonna talk to Mr Ackerman while you get your food. That cool?"

"Sure. Queue's pretty long so knock yourself out." He shuffles forward with the rest of the queue. "If you finish before me, then sit over there." He points over to where Connie and Sasha are sat. They both quietly mutter the same thing. "They look cute together."

Eren leaves Armin, exchanging a quick 'see you later' and makes his way to Levi. Levi is sat on his own with nothing and no one. Just a cup of tea keeping him company. That and the fed-up scowl that seems to be a permanent feature on his face. "Hey, Levi," Eren calls out gathering Levi's attention, staring at the young German from the corner of his eyes.

"What do you want, Yeager?" Levi retorts in between sips of his beverage. Eren sits down in front of him, takes out a few tempura's and places them on a tissue in front of Levi.

"Thought you could use something to eat." Levi takes a bite. His reaction leaves Eren confused. Levi's face isn't the most expressive. Like a blank canvas.

Levi chews, each bite making Eren more and more eager for a response. "Hmm." Eren sits up in his seat like an excited dog. "It's pretty good." He washes it down with some more tea. "Since I've got you here, might as well ask how your days been so far," Levi says in a nonchalant tone.

"Meh. Pretty standard. Not much has changed since break." Eren's mind plays back the events of the day. From homeroom's introduction to playing the guitar in science. Getting lost on his way to history to getting embarrassed by the annoying teacher. His mind then starts to playback the events of P.E and his horrible mistake. Something he would rather forget.

"Didn't you have P.E? Thought you would enjoy that?" Levi adds. Not really helping him forget.

Eren starts to pack his stuff away. "Rather not talk about it, to be honest," Eren says, getting up.

"Fair enough." 

                    Eren makes his way to the table that Armin showed him. There are people there that he doesn't recognise so he decides to sit on his own at the far end of the table with the wall to his left and an empty seat to his right. They don't seem to pay his presence any attention, continuing with their conversations. Connie and Sasha share a quick "hi" with him before going back to their meals. You know, the more important thing. "Hurry up Armin," Eren quietly mumbles.